I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Frustrated bully owner

I had the same experience with my Gunnyboy, When we were bringing him home he was a hand full it was a hour ride from where we go him to home.
    He he would bite me , scratch me , all in all it was a nightmare ride home. When we got home he would terrorize the white boxer we had would chew funiture
    and anything he could get his mouth on. I thought what did I bring home and he was only 12 weeks old, I wondered if I had made a mistake. He wouldnt leave anyone
    in the house alone with his biting and jumping.I just continued to love him and ignored his nasty ways. It took a good two months for him to settle down and stop biting and acting crazy.
    He turned out to be my best friend and was by my side every second of the day. Just love him all the time , he will grow out of it if you dont make a big deal about it. If he sees its getting to you he will continue. never give up on him and someday he will never leave your side.good luck and let him work it out, he will!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug
    Likes (Received)

You've got some good advice already! Just stay consistent. Aubie was horrible at biting and not listening, but we worked with her until we figured out what worked. We made her sit and stay before we fed her. We took her for walks when she was too energetic. She was especially bad with me and she NEVER listened or stopped on my command. I learned to flip her on her side and make her stay until she calmed down. If she got up and started up again, back on her side she went. Even for toys I made her do tricks. Try to make sure you're the one to feed her and don't let her eat until you give the command. If she tries to play wit you with a toy and starts biting you, take her toy away and make her calm down. Make her drop toys in the middle of playing, sit, and wait until you give the toy back. She has to know that you are boss.

It took a little while with Aubie, but she's such a good girl now. Don't give up, but don't put up with it. Even if you're tired and aggravated, try to stay calm, discipline, and show you're the leader. Now I'm the one Aubie loves to play with. We can play rough or tug, but she knows when I say drop it to drop it, or if we're playing and she's nibbling on me, when I say gentle to be gentle. It will take time, but be consistent and don't give up! She can do it, you've just got to make sure you are always showing your leadership.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Spunkysmom2012 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the support...most of the training I continue to do with her, though it seems like I need to find another way around that (because its not working). I appreciate the advice and wish is luck.
    i did not read all the response, but have you tried the "Nothing in life is free' training? Look it up on the web -- NILIF... it really work and keep in mind if you are frustrated Spunky senses this and reacts on it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel Wentworth Sinclair & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Patience Patience Patience! You've gotten great advice and I hope you'll stick it out cause when you get to the loving side of the bully OMG it's heaven. They are so loving and faithful you'll wonder what you were thinking! Good luck and keep us posted!

Cheerio mates!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads