heat / season .. how long does it last?

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
My sister has a female husky and she is 6 months old now so due into season any time from now really. Meekos keeps acting strange around her dominatin over male dogs that go near her and constabtly sniffin her lady parts. Hes gonna hate his walks without his best friend. Just curious to how long a female bleeds for and how long to keep Meeko away? (although i think EB x Siberian Husky could be soooo cute.. But my sisters no fun and doesnt want her baby girl pregnant lol) :down:

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
The heat cycle lasts about 3 weeks but they can actually only get preggers for a short part of the in the middle week. However, especially since it's her first heat, it's better to be safe than sorry. She probably won't let him close until it's time. Shell sit down or growl or something otherwise, usually.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes it lasts bout 3 weeks. i find the second and especially the 3rd week are really watchful ones as the males tend to try things more during that time. the sniffing is the start for the males. she may also lay around alot and seem tired. if i thought sarah was hurting alot as in her eyes i could see i would give her low dose aspirin to help. you will also need some kind of diaper for she will bleed some and get it on what she lays on. i used the washable ones from petco.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I'm going through it right now with my female grace an Franklin is driving me nuts it last about a month an when she stops bleeding it will be clear liquid that's when she's going to want to mate so you don't have to keep them apart until she's ready because there's no way she will let him when she's not ready she will let you know she will start cocking her tail rubbing her but on you lol as long as she wears a diaper she will be fine you just have to be careful when she doesn't have it on an its the last week

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Keep him away for the full 3 weeks, just to be safe! Sometimes they do not ovulate until day 16!! The less she is bleeding the more risk of her getting pregnant- sorry he will miss his walking buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.