Dog Bootie Recommendation

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I know that bulldogs generally do not need boots but I thought, perhaps, someone might have experience with another pet.

I posted this in the health thread but I was recently hiking with my friend and his dog, a German Shepherd. She suffered an injury to her pad and is very unhappy and sore.

Does anyone have any experience with dog booties and might be able to recommend a brand to me? I am clueless when it comes to these things but I think they would be useful to avoid more injury and protect from the Arizona heat.

Thanks!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have never used them??? Sorry I am of no help....

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
we had bought some for our lab cause he was scratching our hardwood floors and they kept falling off him we were always havin to pull them up... we got some old socks and put on his feet and used electrical tape to hold them up that worked better than the boots

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
ya it actually worked poor thing pouted when they were on his feet... guess that tape just held better than velcro. of course if you do use tape make sure its not to tight around the legs

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Dave is a hunter, comes from a hunting family. Their lab had camo booties for when they were out hunting that we ended up getting. We put them on Sam and he walked like a complete weirdo with them on. It was so funny! He was not down for that at all! Not sure where they got them though :(

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Last edited:
OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Thanks everyone! There is a Cabela's in the area so I will definitely make a stop there before the next hike and report back!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We were in Cabella's yesterday and I actually had a pair of those in my hand considering buying them for Gracie. Decided against it but they look to be well made.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
take some tape just in case the velcro doesnt keep them tight enough around the legs!!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I looked at some at petsmart too. But Gracie did not seem too impressed when I tried them on her, also the leg part was way too long on the ones that were big enough for her feet.

lauraW

Oct 6, 2010
I actually use booties on my bullies when I put medicine on their feet and want it to have a fighting chance of soaking in before they lick it off. Sometimes I use baby/kid socks with the no-slip grippers on the bottom and adhesive tape or vet wrap. I did get a pair from Body Glove at Petco which are more designed for summer than winter wear and they actually stay on pretty good. My bully tyson isnt a big fan of them but he tolerates it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online