SUMO CRYING

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has the same issues with their bully. Sometimes Sumo just sits in the corner and crys and barks. It seems like it is for no apparent reason? Maybe im not paying enough attention at that exact time? IM not sure. Its so sad! Breaks my heart.

Does anyone else's bully do this?
Has anyone tried to get them to stop/

Would love to hear others opinions! photo (2).jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks will do this from time to time.... she usually wants to play. Try to engage with her favorite toy and see if it works, but now once you react to it, she will continue to dothis when she wants to play

OP
SUMOPUP

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
Banks will do this from time to time.... she usually wants to play. Try to engage with her favorite toy and see if it works, but now once you react to it, she will continue to dothis when she wants to play

Thats what im afraid of!!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Otis has started this this past week, I'm so glad you posted this - I was thinking is he still hungry and I feeding him enough - he whines and whines so much that last night I got out my phone to tape it but then he layed down. I too would love some feed back. I feel like I'm feeding him too much. 1.5 cups twice a day and I put a little something something in it just so he'll eat it. Due to his whining I've given him an extra 1/2 cup at night and I think I'm feeding him way too much.

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
They must be getting tips from each other because Bacon has been doing the same thing.

I took it for being a little cranky and wanting some love (he was sitting in the arm chair staring at me while I was wrapping presents - he was no where near his eating spot).

I went over to him, gave him a hug and that did the trick. I'm calling it the "please love me" whine.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Zoltan, my Shortybull will do that once and awhile. He seems to want some love and attention. I go give him some hugs and pets and he's fine.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Yea Bacon does this too for example if we have the gate up and he wants to go downstairs. Or if he thinks there are treats up on a shelf and wants one. Sometimes he just wants to play but usually he will bark for that and not cry. He also cries more when only one of us is home, like he is crying because he wants the other one of us to come home. [MENTION=2896]SUMOPUP[/MENTION] check out this little guy, he was crying because he doesn't like wearing his harness

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/bulldog-photos-videos/21953-angry-puppy.html

Last edited:

Walter323

Jun 11, 2012
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Walter does this once in awhile when he wants attention or wants the top of his butt rubbed. Or sometimes he is really tired and whines

OP
SUMOPUP

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
hahaha oy! poor little guy. my heart breaks for that throaty cry! next time sumo is crying i will video and send to everyone to see. it is so sad!

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Hmmm... was she crying and barking when you took that picture? It looks like she wants your attention.

Izzy is the same way... this past week my bf was out and she became super needy! I would feed her, take her for a walk, to the dog park and as soon as I tried to get ready or do something she would follow me through the house whinning. She could be seating by the door looking somewhere else and would cry.

Our babies need attention 24/7!!!! :paci:

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
Sancho used to do this when he wanted attention. We ended up teaching him the "quiet" trick, because he learned that anytime he whined we'd just respond and it got to the point that we couldn't do anything else, like cleaning the toilet or mowing the grass, unless he was Right. Up. In. It.

He still lets us know he wants to play -- barks or runs up with a toy, but now he knows he won't get anything unless and until he's quiet. It took a few days of ignoring him (definitely hurt us more than him, I think), but he learned. Now, he pretty much only whines, whimpers or makes those funny Wookie/bully sounds when he's really tired but doesn't want to go to sleep, LOL :)

He's so much like a little kid, it really is amazing!

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
Mine whines and barks, but its because he sees something he wants. I haven't noticed it where he is doing it for absolutely no obvious reason. I would take him to the vet for an exam if you havent been in a while, just to make sure he is not in pain or sick for some reason.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
it means mama i'm bored and you aren't giving me what i want....i get it allllll day long

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola does it and its usually when she is bored or needs to find something to do.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie used to make noises to get attention.

Daddy will whine pitifully if another dog has a toy ... even though he is surrounded by other toys.

Linus will just bark non-stop at anybody or anything if he wants attention.

Bella-Bear does chewbacca noises to get what she wants.

....... and I wouldn't change it for the world!!! :luv:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.