Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SUMO CRYING

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sumo
    Likes (Received)

Default SUMO CRYING

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has the same issues with their bully. Sometimes Sumo just sits in the corner and crys and barks. It seems like it is for no apparent reason? Maybe im not paying enough attention at that exact time? IM not sure. Its so sad! Breaks my heart.

Does anyone else's bully do this?
    Has anyone tried to get them to stop/

Would love to hear others opinions!-photo-2-jpg

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: SUMO CRYING

Banks will do this from time to time.... she usually wants to play. Try to engage with her favorite toy and see if it works, but now once you react to it, she will continue to dothis when she wants to play
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sumo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Banks will do this from time to time.... she usually wants to play. Try to engage with her favorite toy and see if it works, but now once you react to it, she will continue to dothis when she wants to play
    Thats what im afraid of!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Otis has started this this past week, I'm so glad you posted this - I was thinking is he still hungry and I feeding him enough - he whines and whines so much that last night I got out my phone to tape it but then he layed down. I too would love some feed back. I feel like I'm feeding him too much. 1.5 cups twice a day and I put a little something something in it just so he'll eat it. Due to his whining I've given him an extra 1/2 cup at night and I think I'm feeding him way too much.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

I live with 2 porkers!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

They must be getting tips from each other because Bacon has been doing the same thing.

I took it for being a little cranky and wanting some love (he was sitting in the arm chair staring at me while I was wrapping presents - he was no where near his eating spot).

I went over to him, gave him a hug and that did the trick. I'm calling it the "please love me" whine.

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

Zoltan, my Shortybull will do that once and awhile. He seems to want some love and attention. I go give him some hugs and pets and he's fine.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Yea Bacon does this too for example if we have the gate up and he wants to go downstairs. Or if he thinks there are treats up on a shelf and wants one. Sometimes he just wants to play but usually he will bark for that and not cry. He also cries more when only one of us is home, like he is crying because he wants the other one of us to come home. @SUMOPUP check out this little guy, he was crying because he doesn't like wearing his harness

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...gry-puppy.html
    Last edited by Baconator; 12-20-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Walter
    Likes (Received)

Walter does this once in awhile when he wants attention or wants the top of his butt rubbed. Or sometimes he is really tired and whines

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sumo
    Likes (Received)

hahaha oy! poor little guy. my heart breaks for that throaty cry! next time sumo is crying i will video and send to everyone to see. it is so sad!

Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

Hmmm... was she crying and barking when you took that picture? It looks like she wants your attention.

Izzy is the same way... this past week my bf was out and she became super needy! I would feed her, take her for a walk, to the dog park and as soon as I tried to get ready or do something she would follow me through the house whinning. She could be seating by the door looking somewhere else and would cry.

Our babies need attention 24/7!!!!

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member redhed's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sancho
    Likes (Received)

Sancho used to do this when he wanted attention. We ended up teaching him the "quiet" trick, because he learned that anytime he whined we'd just respond and it got to the point that we couldn't do anything else, like cleaning the toilet or mowing the grass, unless he was Right. Up. In. It.

He still lets us know he wants to play -- barks or runs up with a toy, but now he knows he won't get anything unless and until he's quiet. It took a few days of ignoring him (definitely hurt us more than him, I think), but he learned. Now, he pretty much only whines, whimpers or makes those funny Wookie/bully sounds when he's really tired but doesn't want to go to sleep, LOL

He's so much like a little kid, it really is amazing!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie and Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Mine whines and barks, but its because he sees something he wants. I haven't noticed it where he is doing it for absolutely no obvious reason. I would take him to the vet for an exam if you havent been in a while, just to make sure he is not in pain or sick for some reason.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads