Wow.. poor puppy

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
We just got back from Petland where we buy Vegas's Nature's Variety dog food. And they had a 3 month old EB. I thought I was the only one in my town with one, of course I fell in love, but also noticed how UN-healthy she was!! Asking 3,700, her eyes were so red and so was her face. I could see the yeast (almost) growing on her face. It broke my heart to see, and to see her in Petland. After I left with a broken heart I got pissed. First of all no one in this town I live in could possibly afford her (I live in a retirement town in Fl.) and secondly she is already showing signs that she is going to have problems so if someone does buy her, they are going to have their hands full with medical bills I am :angry:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
That's terrible and so very sad.

Is there anywhere else you can buy Vegas' food nearby so you don't have to patronize that establishment?

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
That's terrible and so very sad.

Is there anywhere else you can buy Vegas' food nearby so you don't have to patronize that establishment?

Never thought of that fantastic idea!! I am sure there is, that place was just the closest. I have now made my last official trip there!!!!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Never thought of that fantastic idea!! I am sure there is, that place was just the closest. I have now made my last official trip there!!!!

Good! Sometimes it's impossible but if you can avoid shopping there, wonderful! We have a LOT of pet stores in Arizona. They are in every mall and always have a couple bulldogs. I can't even go in most of the time because it makes me so sad. We know they are not getting the care and love they crave and need to survive.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yeah, and if they don't sell it soon they will move it to another petland and double the chances the pup will get Kennel Cough- *sigh*.....

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my gosh I think I would have had to say something. And 3700?!?!?!?! WOW! For that price it better be the best of the best lines, but of course it isnt being in a place like that. So sad.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
how sad. First of all thats alot for a 3month old in that condition. Second, how could they not give her the proper care :( So sad.

Reggie

Jul 16, 2010
Stopsley, Luton, Bedfordshire, England
Bulldog(s) Names
REGINALD GRUFFALO THE FIRST
Hi, I just wanted to respond because I live in England and NEVER see puppies of any description for sale in such an establishment (Petsmart etc) so I was shocked to read your post. These stores are consumer led so if people boycott their premises they'll have to figure why. If it hurts them in the financial pocket they will do something about it. :)
Everyone here is being educated that the suppliers to the private run small corner petshops are puppy farms so they are nearly all irradicated, it's just a matter of time. Be heartened - it will happen in your country too:)

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
You're just one person, so it may not seem like much, but we can just hope that others make the same decision! We have a small, family owned dog supply store the next town over that we love, their prices are actually better than the big stores, they will place special orders for me without charging extra, and there's no sad sickly puppies for sale. The nearest big/chain pet store is almost an hour away, which is fine with me!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hi, I just wanted to respond because I live in England and NEVER see puppies of any description for sale in such an establishment (Petsmart etc) so I was shocked to read your post. These stores are consumer led so if people boycott their premises they'll have to figure why. If it hurts them in the financial pocket they will do something about it. :)
Everyone here is being educated that the suppliers to the private run small corner petshops are puppy farms so they are nearly all irradicated, it's just a matter of time. Be heartened - it will happen in your country too:)

I remember as a kid seeing puppies in pet shop windows in England. In fact, for my Mum's birthday I remember going shopping for a puppy for her birthday which is how we got Brandy - possibly the sweetest dog in the world. At some point the RSPCA (Royal Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) managed to get most live animals outlawed from being sold in pet stores and that became a thing of the past. And I do remember coming over here on maybe my first or second visit to the States with my boyfriend (now hubby) and it being a BIG shock to see puppies openly for sale in pet stores.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I remember as a kid seeing puppies in pet shop windows in England. In fact, for my Mum's birthday I remember going shopping for a puppy for her birthday which is how we got Brandy - possibly the sweetest dog in the world. At some point the RSPCA (Royal Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) managed to get most live animals outlawed from being sold in pet stores and that became a thing of the past. And I do remember coming over here on maybe my first or second visit to the States with my boyfriend (now hubby) and it being a BIG shock to see puppies openly for sale in pet stores.

Well if it worked for you there it will eventually work here I hope. Would LOVE to see them all gone also.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Oh my gosh I think I would have had to say something. And 3700?!?!?!?! WOW! For that price it better be the best of the best lines, but of course it isnt being in a place like that. So sad.

Our local pet store has no problem selling EBs for $8k... and you would have no clue of the lineage. Living in Hawaii isn't always sunshine and rainbows... well I guess it is :) but you sure do feel remote sometimes

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online