I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Wow.. poor puppy

We just got back from Petland where we buy Vegas's Nature's Variety dog food. And they had a 3 month old EB. I thought I was the only one in my town with one, of course I fell in love, but also noticed how UN-healthy she was!! Asking 3,700, her eyes were so red and so was her face. I could see the yeast (almost) growing on her face. It broke my heart to see, and to see her in Petland. After I left with a broken heart I got pissed. First of all no one in this town I live in could possibly afford her (I live in a retirement town in Fl.) and secondly she is already showing signs that she is going to have problems so if someone does buy her, they are going to have their hands full with medical bills I am

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Wow.. poor puppy

That's terrible and so very sad.

Is there anywhere else you can buy Vegas' food nearby so you don't have to patronize that establishment?

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jillh10 View Post
    That's terrible and so very sad.

Is there anywhere else you can buy Vegas' food nearby so you don't have to patronize that establishment?
    Never thought of that fantastic idea!! I am sure there is, that place was just the closest. I have now made my last official trip there!!!!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    Never thought of that fantastic idea!! I am sure there is, that place was just the closest. I have now made my last official trip there!!!!
    Good! Sometimes it's impossible but if you can avoid shopping there, wonderful! We have a LOT of pet stores in Arizona. They are in every mall and always have a couple bulldogs. I can't even go in most of the time because it makes me so sad. We know they are not getting the care and love they crave and need to survive.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yeah, and if they don't sell it soon they will move it to another petland and double the chances the pup will get Kennel Cough- *sigh*.....

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester
    Likes (Received)

oh..that is so heart breaking ... poor puppy...
    It's a Bully thing <3

When the bully was created, it licked the hand of God and God stroked its head, saying, "What do you want, baby bully?" It replied, "My Lord, I want to stay with you, in heaven, on a mat in front of the gate."

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Oh my gosh I think I would have had to say something. And 3700?!?!?!?! WOW! For that price it better be the best of the best lines, but of course it isnt being in a place like that. So sad.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)

how sad. First of all thats alot for a 3month old in that condition. Second, how could they not give her the proper care So sad.

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    REGINALD GRUFFALO THE FIRST
    Likes (Received)

Hi, I just wanted to respond because I live in England and NEVER see puppies of any description for sale in such an establishment (Petsmart etc) so I was shocked to read your post. These stores are consumer led so if people boycott their premises they'll have to figure why. If it hurts them in the financial pocket they will do something about it.
    Everyone here is being educated that the suppliers to the private run small corner petshops are puppy farms so they are nearly all irradicated, it's just a matter of time. Be heartened - it will happen in your country too

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member laurentourville's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren Tourville
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Horse
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    You're just one person, so it may not seem like much, but we can just hope that others make the same decision! We have a small, family owned dog supply store the next town over that we love, their prices are actually better than the big stores, they will place special orders for me without charging extra, and there's no sad sickly puppies for sale. The nearest big/chain pet store is almost an hour away, which is fine with me!
    the bond between a child and their dog is beyond words...

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
    Hi, I just wanted to respond because I live in England and NEVER see puppies of any description for sale in such an establishment (Petsmart etc) so I was shocked to read your post. These stores are consumer led so if people boycott their premises they'll have to figure why. If it hurts them in the financial pocket they will do something about it.
    Everyone here is being educated that the suppliers to the private run small corner petshops are puppy farms so they are nearly all irradicated, it's just a matter of time. Be heartened - it will happen in your country too
    I remember as a kid seeing puppies in pet shop windows in England. In fact, for my Mum's birthday I remember going shopping for a puppy for her birthday which is how we got Brandy - possibly the sweetest dog in the world. At some point the RSPCA (Royal Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) managed to get most live animals outlawed from being sold in pet stores and that became a thing of the past. And I do remember coming over here on maybe my first or second visit to the States with my boyfriend (now hubby) and it being a BIG shock to see puppies openly for sale in pet stores.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

how heartbreaking. i'd definitely avoid that store from now on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads