Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Wow.. poor puppy

That is awful, it is absolutely heart breaking and good for you for not shopping there anymore!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    I remember as a kid seeing puppies in pet shop windows in England. In fact, for my Mum's birthday I remember going shopping for a puppy for her birthday which is how we got Brandy - possibly the sweetest dog in the world. At some point the RSPCA (Royal Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) managed to get most live animals outlawed from being sold in pet stores and that became a thing of the past. And I do remember coming over here on maybe my first or second visit to the States with my boyfriend (now hubby) and it being a BIG shock to see puppies openly for sale in pet stores.
    Well if it worked for you there it will eventually work here I hope. Would LOVE to see them all gone also.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moses
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    Oh my gosh I think I would have had to say something. And 3700?!?!?!?! WOW! For that price it better be the best of the best lines, but of course it isnt being in a place like that. So sad.
    Our local pet store has no problem selling EBs for $8k... and you would have no clue of the lineage. Living in Hawaii isn't always sunshine and rainbows... well I guess it is but you sure do feel remote sometimes

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

@Telly03....8,000?!?!???? OMG, I LOOOOVE My Vegas and yes I paid for a well bred dog, had him fixed, not to stud him out, He is 15 months old and I have had him to the Vets twice (beside shots and fixing him) One an Ear infection at 10 months old and last week for anal gland and allergy shot. I am very fortunate to have such a healthy boy....well I am battleing a yeasty face right now. ...but 8K??? damn!! Wonder if they sell them or have to move them on? That is just sad to me.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Need to bump this because I did something BAD, I stopped back in at Petland today while I was out to do my running to check on the poor little 3 month old EB, she of course was still there, I ask if I could hold her....her face is still very red, they put me in the "box" and brought her to me, I snuggled with her and of course they THOUGHT they were going to get a sale from me, I started asking questions as to why her EARS WERE SO DIRTY, and HER POOR FACE STUNK SO BAD so full of yeast, I ask if they wash her face everyday, etc....the girl was getting VERY uncomfortable with my questions and actually left me alone with her. I ask to speak with the store manager (who was about 18 yrs. old) and told him I did not know WHO I had to call, but that this puppy was being ABUSED and I will find the correct authorities...Question is to you all WHO CAN I CALL???? Again I left and actually had tears in my eyes as I drove off. ANY help would be appreciated, I don't know where to begin, but I promise I am on a vengence!!! I will NOT stop back in to see her it breaks my heart to much, but I will do all I can do to get her OUT of there!!!!!!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Kelly I don't know! OMG I wish I had the answers for you. I cannot believe a puppy would have stinky face and yeast problems. Lemme ask @Champ for some advice on this cuz he HATES pet shops!! Maybe he knows what you can do.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Chloie
    Likes (Received)

That is a very sad story!!!!!!! I wish I could help.

Pooper scooper Become a 4 Paw Member dontshop--adopt's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis
    Likes (Received)

CarolinaPet Pantry is a good start. She has a history of causing changes to be made. We need to know where this pet store is and get the nearest rescue behind this, too! But I agree, Champ and Dozer are the ones to get the ball rolling. However, Champ is out of town for the weekend, and Dozer skin sisser is home from college, so it might be Monday before they could follow up on this!
    Champ, Dozer and Digz BEG you! Don't Shop- Adopt!

Your State's Dept of Agriculture will have a subdepartment for pet stuff. That's where I reported a few pet stores in FL and Flea Markets in Georgia.

check out these links too:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6941348_do-a...t-stores_.html

http://www.pet-abuse.com/pages/anima...pet_stores.php

From a FB friend : 'Her post says she's in Bradenton; if the store is in her county, she should call the Manatee County Animal Services Unit - 941-742-5933 and report it as a case of animal cruelty. If the store was elsewhere, she need to look up the Animal Control Unit of her local police department - if she can't find it, she should call the NON-emergency number of her local police department and tell them she wants to report a case of animal cruelty."

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

I do live in Manatee County, and I will call Animal Services today, thank you for the information. The store is located on 53rd St. West, Petland Bradenton Fl. Thank you everybody for your information, I will let you know what happens.
    Last edited by KMARINO; 10-10-2010 at 09:51 AM.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

From Tracey on facebook:
    Her post ays she's in Bradenton; if the store is in her county, she should call the Manatee County Animal Services Unit - 941-742-5933 and report it as a case of animal cruelty. If the store was elsewhere, she need to look up the Animal Control Unit of her local police department - if she can't find it, she should call the NON-emergency number of her local police department and tell them she wants to report a case of animal cruelty.
    about an hour ago Like

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads