Crate Pad

BullyDozer

Oct 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Are there any crate pads that are Bulldog proof? My puppy has chewed through two crate pads. I'm open to any suggestions. Buying crate pads every other week gets old really fast.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
I use the ones that look like lamb's fleece. they seem to hold up and are the only thing thatdoes. Amazon sells them for a really good price too

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
The only ones that Ruggles hasn't shredded are from K-9 Ballistics. They aren't cheap but they will replace them if your dog chews them. There is a time limit on the replacement guarantee, like 3 or 6 months! I cut the tag off because that's the first thing he chews off.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Are there any crate pads that are Bulldog proof? My puppy has chewed through two crate pads. I'm open to any suggestions. Buying crate pads every other week gets old really fast.

Crate pad? Ha! Wait til your pup chews through the crate PAN! Yup, Mac ate that right up. I've found the Kong crate pad to be pretty good though if you haven't given that a try yet.

OP
B

BullyDozer

Oct 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
The only ones that Ruggles hasn't shredded are from K-9 Ballistics. They aren't cheap but they will replace them if your dog chews them. There is a time limit on the replacement guarantee, like 3 or 6 months! I cut the tag off because that's the first thing he chews off.

I'm going to see how these work out for me.

OP
B

BullyDozer

Oct 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Crate pad? Ha! Wait til your pup chews through the crate PAN! Yup, Mac ate that right up. I've found the Kong crate pad to be pretty good though if you haven't given that a try yet.

My pug pup was so easy compared to my EB. Dozer will chew on anything that he can see. He chews on the grate part of his crate. Someone would think I don't feed him the way he chews on everything.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we use blankets and towel s to wrap the plastic tray at the bottom. and more blankets for cuddling

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I haven't found one that Lola wont chew but If you find one please let me know!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I don't think any of them are bully proofed and/or dog proofed. :laugh: Wilson and Jack, my non-bully, have both been bad at chewing at a few, and Emma competely ate the bottom out of a new bed that cost me 80 bucks not too long ago. I had to duck tape it to fix it the holes were that big. Part of them chewing the crate pads is just for fun and probably a bit of boredom. Target actually has some nice crate pads for cheap.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Linus has eaten everything ........ I don't think a crate pad or crate liner exists that is Linus-proof!!! :bigeyes:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I just found some reasonably priced 3 door crates (36") on Amazon WITH METAL TRAYS!!!

Hmmmmm....... I have all the crates, so I wonder if they sell the metal trays on their own!!!! :jump:

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Hmmmmm....... I have all the crates, so I wonder if they sell the metal trays on their own!!!! :jump:

I didn't check for that since I wanted the whole kit and caboodle but given the cost of plastic replacement trays, $50.00 for a whole new crate (including shipping) might not be an unreasonable alternative. You can donate the trayless one to a rescue or something. These crates have 3 doors as well. The additional one on the top is real helpful if you need to get something in or out of the crate but not the dog. PM me for a link if you'd like since we're not supposed to post those.

Last edited:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I know you guys are talking about crate pads but if you want a bed that seriously is indestructible check out the kurando beds, the frame is made out of aluminum and the elevated bed surface is made out of kevlar that sleeves into the aluminum frame so there is no exposed edges. It is expensive up front but the ultimate cost of bed replacements will make it worth while in the end. I've had mine for 3-4 months now and Bacon loves it and hasn't made a dent in it. They also guarantee the material for a certain amount of time.

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
They also make the Kuranda for the crates! Great bed! My Zeus has one and I just bought my gran dog one for Christmas! He will be so excited because he loves Zeus's but Zeus won' let him have it for very long before he makes him move!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.