Crate Pad

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Ha. You guys are so cute. Your bullies get crate pads! Gunny pees on and/or eats everything in his crate. He is destined to just have the hard bottom to lay on. :)

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
I just got sumo a crate pad. it is so comfy i dont know why she wouldn't want to let it be and enjoy sleeping on it. She is pretty good about not chewing teh bed when she is in there alone. i have tied a sheet around it , and all the way around the crate pan so it is hard. she tries to dig at it! i close the crate when i am home so she can't get in. if i turn my back i bet she'll be in there digging and chewing!

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
Sancho is weird...he won't chew blankets, but we got him one of those Kong crate beds and he tore that up the first day. Sigh. I guess he just gets a mound of blankets. It may be a good idea to tie the blanket around the entire bed and crate pan, like SUMOPUP did. I think he might just sense the "squishiness," though and end up chewing through the sheet to the bed.

I would be interested in the Kuranda crate beds. I wonder how much they are... hmmm...

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Any new ideas or suggestions on a crate mat? Came home the other day and Ace had pulled his apart at the zipper and pulled the foam padding apart and torn to shreds. I'm sure if I would have read through some of the EBN forums before getting Ace I would have still done so, I love him but wow what a load! Still my biggest concern and complaint is his harrassment of the 2 yr old nutered Maltese. When Ace gets tunnel vision on the Maltese it's a constant and repetitive NO NO NO

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
My breeder said to just use lots of old towels, and that's exactly what we're going to do. But I couldn't resist the beds and did get one, but for the living room.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Old blankets I found was they way tO go. You have to try to curb the chewing also. He needs to learn what he can & can't chew!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Any new ideas or suggestions on a crate mat? Came home the other day and Ace had pulled his apart at the zipper and pulled the foam padding apart and torn to shreds. I'm sure if I would have read through some of the EBN forums before getting Ace I would have still done so, I love him but wow what a load! Still my biggest concern and complaint is his harrassment of the 2 yr old nutered Maltese. When Ace gets tunnel vision on the Maltese it's a constant and repetitive NO NO NO

I have no answer, sorry, we are on naked floor right now!!! All blankets and beds get eaten! :down:

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Thanks, I think I will try the blanket and towels for bedding. Should be easier to wash up too. Your right about the chewing, its a constant battle too. I always stop him when he is chewing on something inappropriate and replace it with something allowable. I started Ace out on a blanket with an old towel and a flannel shirt minus all the buttons. But since then I ordered a bed online with a groupon and before it arrived my wife had bought two others at different times. He has outgrown the ones she bought and tore the one I bought up

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Thanks, I think I will try the blanket and towels for bedding. Should be easier to wash up too. Your right about the chewing, its a constant battle too. I always stop him when he is chewing on something inappropriate and replace it with something allowable. I started Ace out on a blanket with an old towel and a flannel shirt minus all the buttons. But since then I ordered a bed online with a groupon and before it arrived my wife had bought two others at different times. He has outgrown the ones she bought and tore the one I bought up

Have you ever tried listerine to curb the chewing? I learned in puppy school listerine is amazing. Get the original listerine show the pup the bottle so he knows what it is. Rub listerine in his mouth and on whatever he isn't suppose to chew and tell him no, the. Give him a toy. I swear this worked for me within a week. It is totally safe and they hate the taste. Many of her classmates had success with this method also! Good luck. Let me know how it goes. I've told so many about this method with great results!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Have you ever tried listerine to curb the chewing? I learned in puppy school listerine is amazing. Get the original listerine show the pup the bottle so he knows what it is. Rub listerine in his mouth and on whatever he isn't suppose to chew and tell him no, the. Give him a toy. I swear this worked for me within a week. It is totally safe and they hate the taste. Many of her classmates had success with this method also! Good luck. Let me know how it goes. I've told so many about this method with great results!

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a try. One of the problems is outside. I had a large area where I had ornamentals, shrubs and the like planted around a large concrete patio. I took several of the plants out because I feared they may be toxic to dogs. Also over the years I kept cypress mulch in the area. Even though I got much of the material out its difficult to get all the pieces because they have worked into the soil so of course almost every time he goes out there he will find some to chew on. I'm going to rake it again this weekend and get as much as I can out again. Then were just going to let it go back to grass in that area other than a few of the plants that I'm sure or safe and I have trimmed them back so he can't get to any of the branches with leaves. I don't know if cypress mulch will hurt a dog but I don't like him chewing the stuff. Don't know if he tries to eat any or not, I always take it out of his mouth if I see he has some though

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I decimated my garden which I had spent years and many hours trying to perfect. Oh what we will do for our dogs

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
2013-01-20_16-25-08_973.jpg

2013-01-20_16-24-45_497.jpg

2013-01-20_16-24-11_96.jpg

Last edited:

Most Reactions