Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crate Pad

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Crate Pad

Quote Originally Posted by Rural mystic View Post
    Thanks, I think I will try the blanket and towels for bedding. Should be easier to wash up too. Your right about the chewing, its a constant battle too. I always stop him when he is chewing on something inappropriate and replace it with something allowable. I started Ace out on a blanket with an old towel and a flannel shirt minus all the buttons. But since then I ordered a bed online with a groupon and before it arrived my wife had bought two others at different times. He has outgrown the ones she bought and tore the one I bought up

Have you ever tried listerine to curb the chewing? I learned in puppy school listerine is amazing. Get the original listerine show the pup the bottle so he knows what it is. Rub listerine in his mouth and on whatever he isn't suppose to chew and tell him no, the. Give him a toy. I swear this worked for me within a week. It is totally safe and they hate the taste. Many of her classmates had success with this method also! Good luck. Let me know how it goes. I've told so many about this method with great results!

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scueva View Post
    Have you ever tried listerine to curb the chewing? I learned in puppy school listerine is amazing. Get the original listerine show the pup the bottle so he knows what it is. Rub listerine in his mouth and on whatever he isn't suppose to chew and tell him no, the. Give him a toy. I swear this worked for me within a week. It is totally safe and they hate the taste. Many of her classmates had success with this method also! Good luck. Let me know how it goes. I've told so many about this method with great results!
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a try. One of the problems is outside. I had a large area where I had ornamentals, shrubs and the like planted around a large concrete patio. I took several of the plants out because I feared they may be toxic to dogs. Also over the years I kept cypress mulch in the area. Even though I got much of the material out its difficult to get all the pieces because they have worked into the soil so of course almost every time he goes out there he will find some to chew on. I'm going to rake it again this weekend and get as much as I can out again. Then were just going to let it go back to grass in that area other than a few of the plants that I'm sure or safe and I have trimmed them back so he can't get to any of the branches with leaves. I don't know if cypress mulch will hurt a dog but I don't like him chewing the stuff. Don't know if he tries to eat any or not, I always take it out of his mouth if I see he has some though

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

I decimated my garden which I had spent years and many hours trying to perfect. Oh what we will do for our dogs

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Last edited by Rural mystic; 01-26-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads