Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crate Pad

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Crate Pad

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    Hmmmmm....... I have all the crates, so I wonder if they sell the metal trays on their own!!!!
    I didn't check for that since I wanted the whole kit and caboodle but given the cost of plastic replacement trays, $50.00 for a whole new crate (including shipping) might not be an unreasonable alternative. You can donate the trayless one to a rescue or something. These crates have 3 doors as well. The additional one on the top is real helpful if you need to get something in or out of the crate but not the dog. PM me for a link if you'd like since we're not supposed to post those.
    Last edited by linwhite; 12-20-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

I know you guys are talking about crate pads but if you want a bed that seriously is indestructible check out the kurando beds, the frame is made out of aluminum and the elevated bed surface is made out of kevlar that sleeves into the aluminum frame so there is no exposed edges. It is expensive up front but the ultimate cost of bed replacements will make it worth while in the end. I've had mine for 3-4 months now and Bacon loves it and hasn't made a dent in it. They also guarantee the material for a certain amount of time.

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member wheezer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus, Dexter
    Likes (Received)

They also make the Kuranda for the crates! Great bed! My Zeus has one and I just bought my gran dog one for Christmas! He will be so excited because he loves Zeus's but Zeus won' let him have it for very long before he makes him move!
    Zeus 2013

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Ha. You guys are so cute. Your bullies get crate pads! Gunny pees on and/or eats everything in his crate. He is destined to just have the hard bottom to lay on.
    I am a master at planking......

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sumo
    Likes (Received)

I just got sumo a crate pad. it is so comfy i dont know why she wouldn't want to let it be and enjoy sleeping on it. She is pretty good about not chewing teh bed when she is in there alone. i have tied a sheet around it , and all the way around the crate pan so it is hard. she tries to dig at it! i close the crate when i am home so she can't get in. if i turn my back i bet she'll be in there digging and chewing!

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member redhed's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sancho
    Likes (Received)

Sancho is weird...he won't chew blankets, but we got him one of those Kong crate beds and he tore that up the first day. Sigh. I guess he just gets a mound of blankets. It may be a good idea to tie the blanket around the entire bed and crate pan, like SUMOPUP did. I think he might just sense the "squishiness," though and end up chewing through the sheet to the bed.

I would be interested in the Kuranda crate beds. I wonder how much they are... hmmm...

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Any new ideas or suggestions on a crate mat? Came home the other day and Ace had pulled his apart at the zipper and pulled the foam padding apart and torn to shreds. I'm sure if I would have read through some of the EBN forums before getting Ace I would have still done so, I love him but wow what a load! Still my biggest concern and complaint is his harrassment of the 2 yr old nutered Maltese. When Ace gets tunnel vision on the Maltese it's a constant and repetitive NO NO NO

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

My breeder said to just use lots of old towels, and that's exactly what we're going to do. But I couldn't resist the beds and did get one, but for the living room.

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

Old blankets I found was they way tO go. You have to try to curb the chewing also. He needs to learn what he can & can't chew!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural mystic View Post
    Any new ideas or suggestions on a crate mat? Came home the other day and Ace had pulled his apart at the zipper and pulled the foam padding apart and torn to shreds. I'm sure if I would have read through some of the EBN forums before getting Ace I would have still done so, I love him but wow what a load! Still my biggest concern and complaint is his harrassment of the 2 yr old nutered Maltese. When Ace gets tunnel vision on the Maltese it's a constant and repetitive NO NO NO

I have no answer, sorry, we are on naked floor right now!!! All blankets and beds get eaten!

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Thanks, I think I will try the blanket and towels for bedding. Should be easier to wash up too. Your right about the chewing, its a constant battle too. I always stop him when he is chewing on something inappropriate and replace it with something allowable. I started Ace out on a blanket with an old towel and a flannel shirt minus all the buttons. But since then I ordered a bed online with a groupon and before it arrived my wife had bought two others at different times. He has outgrown the ones she bought and tore the one I bought up

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

I love these dogs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads