Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
From my experience with the bulldogs I've had, between the years 2 and 3 I saw a lot of mellowing in them ... my first bulldog was a crazy girl, and full of it! and by "it" I mean a lot of things LOL but she really started to mellow out around 3 years old ... Diesel & Molly have always been fairly mellow and are both 3 years old now and have made it to very mellow, they still play but can calm down when told etc and they take more naps then they have play time these days.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Everyone of them is different.... Nitschke was always mellow and had burst of energy.... Banks is now 7 years old, but still has the energy of a 1 year old.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon is a year old, he definitely mellowed out a little after he got neutered but still has plenty of energy and when put in the correct situation can go for hours. We were at a friends house a few weeks ago and he played with a 2 year old boxer non stop for 5 hours to the point that the boxer was throwing up because Bacon was running him ragged. As she gets older and more trained you can curb some of the craziness but if they really want to let loose and run like a crazy person they will.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would say that the ages of 2-3 years is when I see a mellowing .... but the degree of mellowing varies. Some bullies just always stay bouncy!!! :jump:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.