MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I am not a happy bully mumma!!
Meeko had a new bed yesterday and loved it. He slept on it straight away. Until he wee'd on there this morning. I thort it was an accident so took off all the covers.. Washed and dryed them ready for bed time tonight. I put the cover back on and popped his bed back in his spot and meeko went onto his bed and peed again STRAIGHT away!! ... Could this be the start of him marking? Hes 6months old now. Or is he just being naughty / stropping about his new bed? Hes asleep on it now after washing and drying it for the 2nd time today!!! x

Edit: i should add the last few days his behaviour has been odd he keeps wandering around like hes lost and wants attention every moment of the day a lot worse than ever before. Also .. My sister has a female husky 6months old Ellie and an older male yorkie called Rocky. Usually meeko and ellie play at the park while rocky stays by us out of the way so he doesnt get crushed but yesterday Meeko and rocky were constantly at each other. Rocky snappin at him and meeko dominatin him and pinning him on the floor with his paws and chest. I thort maybe Ellie could be about to have her first season but now im wondering if its Meekos testosterone kickin in. X

Last edited:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Our Buster did the same thing to his new bed when he was 5 months old, he peed and we washed and he peed a second time and then he never did it again. He digs relentlessly at his bed now almost every day. I think it has to be a form of marking and he doesn't do it to anything else, just his own little bed. His bed is made of this incredibly strong canvas and it has managed to stay in one piece, except for a little tear that me wife was able to sew up with no problem, he's 8 months old now. Little bit of marking, little bit of naughty I think is what makes up these funny little bulls.

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
I am not a happy bully mumma!!
Meeko had a new bed yesterday and loved it. He slept on it straight away. Until he wee'd on there this morning. I thort it was an accident so took off all the covers.. Washed and dryed them ready for bed time tonight. I put the cover back on and popped his bed back in his spot and meeko went onto his bed and peed again STRAIGHT away!! ... Could this be the start of him marking? Hes 6months old now. Or is he just being naughty / stropping about his new bed? Hes asleep on it now after washing and drying it for the 2nd time today!!! x

Edit: i should add the last few days his behaviour has been odd he keeps wandering around like hes lost and wants attention every moment of the day a lot worse than ever before. Also .. My sister has a female husky 6months old Ellie and an older male yorkie called Rocky. Usually meeko and ellie play at the park while rocky stays by us out of the way so he doesnt get crushed but yesterday Meeko and rocky were constantly at each other. Rocky snappin at him and meeko dominatin him and pinning him on the floor with his paws and chest. I thort maybe Ellie could be about to have her first season but now im wondering if its Meekos testosterone kickin in. X

Chance did that when he was younger. We got him a really nice pillow base for his crate which he peed on as soon as he could. He also peed on clean blankets and towels in the crate. I think marking is a bit different in that it is usually less pee.

Of course, when Chance was being bad, he once got on OUR bed and peed there. That wasn't marking. That was Chance being as bratty as possible. :p

For a little while, I actually left him with his marked crate. If the bottom blanket was marked, he got clean blankets on top and that seemed to satisfy him. Otherwise, I was washing 2x or more a day. Eventually he got over the need to mark his bedding. The only time he regressed was when he was sick but the vet cleared that up quickly.

Today is his birthday (he's 2) and we are transitioning him out of his crate soon. Fingers crossed he doesn't mark his new bed now. :p

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=6330]ncra6761[/MENTION] It may be a form of marking due to his age, but when Mocha was around that same age she would do the same!! I would wash her bedding and a little while after she would go and purposely pee on her bed! I decided to go get her a new one and she would do it again. I finally stop getting her beds and did not put any soft bedding in her crate( she never slept there, she sleeps with me in my bed), and she stopped. Give him time, and be consistent in taking him out to pee and you will see he will outgrow this stage soon.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon went through a regression phase with his bedding right around six months as well. Ultimately we removed all of his bedding from his crate for about two weeks, we then did a slow reintroduction of bedding starting with a towel and he was fine.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola does the same thing to new beds! She has one that I can't use because she will pee on it every time! He may stop but Lola never did so i swapped out beds.

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I still have his old bed just incase but im hoping he stops it as he doesnt fit in that one anymore lol.! And hes never been trained with a crate he has a certain spot where his bed goes so if i remove it completely will he get confused? He sleeps on his new bed so its not like he dislikes it. He peed on the carpet earlier too right infront of my face!! He hadnt asked to go out and he has been fully house trained since about 2 weeks after we had him in the beginin of sept. Hes acting really out of character and with a very poorly skin baby to look after too.. He is pretty much driving me insane!!

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I still have his old bed just incase but im hoping he stops it as he doesnt fit in that one anymore lol.! And hes never been trained with a crate he has a certain spot where his bed goes so if i remove it completely will he get confused? He sleeps on his new bed so its not like he dislikes it. He peed on the carpet earlier too right infront of my face!! He hadnt asked to go out and he has been fully house trained since about 2 weeks after we had him in the beginin of sept. Hes acting really out of character and with a very poorly skin baby to look after too.. He is pretty much driving me insane!!

My baby is 5 months old and she will pee in blankets and beds that I put inside her crate... used to happen mopre often but now it's 2x week.... I still dont understand why but she does better with the blanket than the padding... she will pee on the white padding immediately.

Your baby sounds like he needs to be potty trained again. Several people in here experienced a regression with their babies at certain age... I guess they just go through a phase that we need to teach them the rules all over again.

-- Funny thing is that she also peed in my comforter... something about the fluffy things that makes them pee on :mad:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.