Mollee's Mischief

lacee

Dec 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
mollee
Mollee is about 1 1/2 yrs old. Im sure she is like every one elses bully, she chewed/chews on everything. I think I have spent the same (if not more) amount of money on replacing things she has chewed as for her. :D She loves my husbands shoes. She doesn't chew on my stuff but loves all of his stuff including playstation remotes, hats, head phones, cords, anything that is his for the most part. Its funny that its only his stuff she does this to, but im just wondering will it ever stop????

The cutest part is when i catch her doing it. She has that guilty look on her face and puts her ears back. So i know she knows she shouldn't be doing it. Im sure you all know that look. LOL!!!! I do tell her "NO NO, what is this?" but she just looks at me innocently. If I see her looking this way i know she has done something, i just gotta find it. She tells on herself. She does have plenty of toys too.

Just wondering if it will stop??????

Thanks!!!

(oh!!! I forgot to mention her bed!!!! She cant have it during the day because she tears it up!!! GRRRRRR!!!!! She even recently tore up a kong bed. LOL!!! Shouldn't she know not to do that???? She had "the look" everytime we see what she has done to her bed, stuffing covering the entire kitchen floor)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hmm: There is a certain Bully here...he is near and dear to my heart. But he is a DESTROYER! You name it..he has chewed it. But he likes to swallow what he eats! :bang: yup..that he is my JAKE!

I feel your pain..Jake can't have a bed unless it's bedtime...and we are with him!

Im thinking..maybe she eats your hubby's things because like most he's...he leaves things laying around! In that case..It's HIS fault! Not sweet innocent Mollee!! :nonono:

:whistle:

OP
lacee

lacee

Dec 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
mollee
LOL!!! I have told him it's his fault. He's good hearted about it, no other choice. Hehe!! Im so glad Im not the only one that cant leave a bed out but at bedtime. :) That really made me feel better.

She's torn up 5 and they arent cheap. One was while we were in the living room and she was supposed to be sleeping. But no more for her during the day now. :(

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I have to "bully proof" the house. Bedroom and bathroom doors are closed. Anything in the vicinity is free game for him, so I put everything up (hopefully) out of paw reach. Thankfully he's not a furniture chewer but he does love socks, clothes, remotes....etc.

Best of luck to you. Otis is 11 months and I dont know as if he'll ever grow out of it but I'm :pray:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Mine too, they eat everything in sight. Shoes, kids toys, socks, grass, rocks, sticks, paper, paper towel, garbage, remotes, leashes, candy, bird seed, clothes, towels, crate beds, stuffed toys, and even the plastic crate tray. They can't have any of this stuff. Lol. I am convinced they are billy goats, or bully goats. Lol. The only toys they are allowed to have are Kong toys, and they have to be big so they can't swallow them.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
OK, this will pretty much sum it up for you. :2thumbs: :p

Bulldogrules_zpsb5e7be1d.jpg

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber has plenty of toys but prefers the good stuff: most recently curtains, toliet paper, trash bins, oww hair brushes, the Christmas tree branches (next year we are going for a poster of a tree on the wall), the mop head, broom, toliet brush or any brush for that matter (keeps her busy for hours), dolls, books, notebooks, anything she can get hold of and take with her. We bully proof the house everyday and at least twice a week we lose the tolliet paper because our daughter forgets to shut the bathroom door. We have came in the house to her running around in circles having a good old time with the shower curtain. She is a year old and isn't slowing down too much; good luck.

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
Hahaha...I just read my life in six posts :D

Sancho eats EVERYTHING. I think the goat reference is fitting. Whether it's rocks, leaves, sprinkler heads, socks, cushions, remotes, cup holders, shoes, hats, toilet paper, receipts (:cursing:), boxes, rolls of wrapping paper, tape, spiders, wallets, sunglasses...whatever it is, if it's in reach, it's fair game. Knock on wood, he hasn't yet realized furniture is chewable (other than digging the cup holders out of our leather sofa and chewing them up into a thousand pieces).

I don't know that it ever ends, maybe slows down as they get older, though. Or maybe that's just my wishful thinking ;)

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Mollee is about 1 1/2 yrs old. Im sure she is like every one elses bully, she chewed/chews on everything. I think I have spent the same (if not more) amount of money on replacing things she has chewed as for her. :D She loves my husbands shoes. She doesn't chew on my stuff but loves all of his stuff including playstation remotes, hats, head phones, cords, anything that is his for the most part. Its funny that its only his stuff she does this to, but im just wondering will it ever stop????

The cutest part is when i catch her doing it. She has that guilty look on her face and puts her ears back. So i know she knows she shouldn't be doing it. Im sure you all know that look. LOL!!!! I do tell her "NO NO, what is this?" but she just looks at me innocently. If I see her looking this way i know she has done something, i just gotta find it. She tells on herself. She does have plenty of toys too.

Just wondering if it will stop??????

Thanks!!!

(oh!!! I forgot to mention her bed!!!! She cant have it during the day because she tears it up!!! GRRRRRR!!!!! She even recently tore up a kong bed. LOL!!! Shouldn't she know not to do that???? She had "the look" every time we see what she has done to her bed, stuffing covering the entire kitchen floor)

Beds - the only kind not readily eaten by my crew are the pseudo lamb's fleece crate mats. They ate a Cong bed - destroyed the zipper. Forget anything with fluffy filling it's all over the house when I come home. Foam - chunks everywhere but they had fun. another nice thing about the sheep fleece is that they are easy to wash and dry. That keeps them nice and un-smelly. I just rotate them out when necessary. I can get 4 in the washer at once too. You \can get them pretty inexpensively from Amazon. Creates are cheap there too. I just bought 4 36"ers with 3 doors and a METAL tray for under 50 bucks each including shipping

DukeDutchess

Sep 15, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke Big Boss Cowboy
So so good to know I am not alone. I have to watch Duke's every move for fear of what he is chewing next. He swallowed a sock a couple of weeks back, and I was stricken with instant panic! After lurking around the forum for answers, talking to my vet, and worrying myself half to death, he finally threw it up three days later!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Moe went through a period about that age where we lost sooo many shoes... thankfully he grew out of it as he got closer to 2. I remember taking someone's advice, probably from here, to be obviously sad when you discover such damage, and they pick up on that, so I tried that... perhaps the acting worked, or he just grew out of it, I'm not sure.

OP
lacee

lacee

Dec 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
mollee
They are so funny. I'm going to try the acting sad thing. :) she's a sweety and may feel bad. What's funny too is it seems like everyone's bully eats everything but the furniture (thank goodness). I love telling her silly stories at work.

The English Bulldog Laws are just great!! Soooooo true!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola chews on everything too! Im shocked sometimes by the stuff that i see in her poop!

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
A day in the life of Mila. Morning, dad kicks me and Rudy out, I Chew on the patio furniture I until I get bored. Yum that fern looks good, lets try some of that. On to branches of any bush or bark from a tree. 8:30mom let's me in, time to go shopping, oh wait, I gotta go gremlin and jump off the top of the couch to attack Rudy from above. Ok, now time to go shopping. Into the bathroom to see if anyone has left any TP rolls in the wastebasket. Cardboard everywhere what's next. Reading glasses, remotes, slippers, back to eating Rudy, presents (especially with hand tied bows), coffee table, mom's toes, Kleenex, slugs, earthworms, couch and if I really get bored my own toys.

btw fill a cleaned out soda can with 8 or 10 coins tape it closed and throw it near your bully when they approach something they are not supposed to eat. They will Learn quick. Doesn't work for Mila, she is deaf and sees the can rolling bye and goes ninja on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 107

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.