Why are mostly other breeds agressive towards bullies?

Deniztokcan

Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver British Columbia
Bulldog(s) Names
Cappu
I was wondering why other breeds except pugz , eb , bulldogs , frenchs and rarely some other breeds
Are agressive towards bullies ? Specially my lil boy .
He is 9 months and loves to play with every dog , they just dont want it , they get agressive and attack my poor bully !

Yesterday i was walking him
And a pitbull puppy 8 month was walking with his owner . Owner said he is very friendly ... After playing for 35 secs the pit bites his face very bad and my boy starts shaking ... The owner was a wanabe gangster type of person and was laughing ... I couldnt stop my self and started atacking the owner , he did not
Know i was a heavy bodybuilder under my fluffy jacket :) guess what happened . I k.o him and cops arrived so many hassle and my gf took our boy back home and gve lots of treats , oh god !

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have the same problem with Lola she get along with big dogs like labs but for some reason boxers and her dont mix! I think because bully's are so head strong and mine is a diva so she has to be the alpha all the time, there seems to be some personality differences!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Yes often times! I guess that would make sense because Lola is a Diva and so am I!:tongue: I think some dogs are aggressive because that is what they have been taught at home so it shows where ever they go!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I find that sometimes happens with Gio as well. I did some research and found that other dogs might hear bullys breathing and interpret it as growling. My vet said the same thing when I brought it up. I have only come across a handful of dogs that don't like him, most do, but I now look for signs and if another dog is not feeling Gio then I just take him and myself out of this situation.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I guess I'm lucky so far I've haven't experienced this with my bulldogs, both have pretty easy going personalities and never try to "act like an alpha" for my dogs that's a big time No-No ... Molly is super happy go lucky and loves to run and play, Diesel mostly just hangs out with mom but is friendly with other animals, he just can't keep up if they are running around.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Dogs interpret their world in this order: first nose, then eyes, then ears. Our smooshed face EBs must surely be at a disadvantage in this way. Maybe their "boldness" is interpreted as a threat by other, not-so-balanced dogs?

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I have noticed other dogs getting annoyed with Tonka as well...even when their owner say they are friendly and like other dogs. Tonka is a very "in your face" dog though, as I am sure many bullies can be. He gets right up in another dogs face (in a friendly manner) to sniff them. I think our personalities are similar to our dog's personalities as well...I know I am super stubborn like Tonka haha. My boyfriend is a bodybuilder too! :)

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Good for you!!!! I'm tired of all these aggressive dogs too! I always ask if they are friendly & I hate when the owner says yes, & the dog nips my baby! I wish I could knock some of them out too! Good job!

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Sarge is layed back and can play with any dog, but LuLu thinks she is above all and really thinks she is better than any other dog. She is ok till they start sniffin around then look out!! she is small but will put any dog in its place. I think its the sassyness in her.but she loves babies and little kids. she is her own person and I love her to death.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I don't let Amber around other dogs because I am not sure how the owners take care of them; they may not have shots, been wormed, have mange, lice, fleas, etc. It might just be I am a paranoided nut but we put so much energy and love into Amber it would break my heart if she got hurt from some strange crazy nut job of a dog. We do take her to parks and I will allow her to play with my friends pets because I know the people and trust them but Amber isn't allowed to play with just any other strangers dog. I have a Great Dane (Lady Hanna) that I rescued who lives with my son as an only dog because she has aggression issues and will attack another dog just because she can. Beautiful animal and is as lovable as can be but she had been in and out of 5 families by the time she was 18 months old and ended up fighting uncut males for her food with a bad breeded who thought they were going to breed her for puppies. The breeder is no longer is business and I recued her and worked with her for 14 months before placing her with my son but if given the chance she would go after another dog even now. My son has a big yard for her to have all to her own and if he walks her she has to be muzzled. I placed Lady Hanna with my son prior to getting Amber. So, my point is I never trust a strange dog around mine; Amber will have a sister bully soon and for now she has the cats to chase and the old Dane to play with when Beast Dog feels up to the challenge (those days are far and few at 13 years old). Kristana also keeps her plenty busy.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I have noticed other dogs getting annoyed with Tonka as well...even when their owner say they are friendly and like other dogs. Tonka is a very "in your face" dog though, as I am sure many bullies can be. He gets right up in another dogs face (in a friendly manner) to sniff them. I think our personalities are similar to our dog's personalities as well...I know I am super stubborn like Tonka haha. My boyfriend is a bodybuilder too! :)

Same with mine, I think that bullies approach other dogs a little differently so that might create a misunderstanding on the other dogs world. Our babies have short nose so they need to get really really close to take a sniff on the other dogs and that might not be interpreted as well by other breeds. Izzy so far has been good with other dogs but she plays a very submissive roll at first and once the dog approaches her then hell breaks loose and she is all over them! The only time I need to keep an eye on her is when we have toys involved, she is very STUBBORN and will not back out of a situation if she doesnt get the toy.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have noticed that with Lola that she will walk right up to a dogs face to sniff and is very blunt about it and doesnt sniff other parts of the dog she goes straight for the face. I don't think other dogs like that but I think its pretty common with this breed.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Dogs interpret their world in this order: first nose, then eyes, then ears. Our smooshed face EBs must surely be at a disadvantage in this way. Maybe their "boldness" is interpreted as a threat by other, not-so-balanced dogs?

I totally agree with the above assessment....and all I have to add dogs meeting on leashes, face-to-face is not ideal...I have learned to keep my dogs in a sit/stay when strange dogs are walking towards us (if I get a hint that an unbalanced energy is coming our way) we move away. Better safe than sorry...I hope your pup wasn't hurt too badly....

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Rosebud & Bulldozer Bawss
[MENTION=5029]Deniztokcan[/MENTION] [MENTION=5264]sweetpeasmom2008[/MENTION] Oh the timing of this post! Yesterday we had 2 incidents with Penelope getting attacked at an off-leash dog park and one incident involved a Boston and the other a Pitt. She was bit repeatedly in the face by a Boston before the owner took any action, and this was with 5 or 6 other bulldogs stepping in and protecting her. Then later on she was bit by the scruff of the neck by a pittbull and the owner - a cocky young, cigarette-smoking, unattentive punk - tried to tell me she got too close to his pitt's ball. I told him that was crap because she has absolutely NO interest in balls and that if his dog was aggresive about protecting his ball then he should NOT be playing ball with his pitt in an off-leash area. The guy and his dog left, but so did we as the incident put a damper on our otherwise wonderful bulldog meet.

Owners need to take more responsibility for the manner's of their dogs when off-leash. It is a PRIVILEGE to be off leash in public. We seem to live around a lot of crabby little dogs who don't want to play with Penelope so we try to go out to the parks and off-leash areas. It sucks when people don't immediately take responsibility for their dogs when they are not behaving appropriately.

Penelope is a sucky little baby girl. She is sweet and never dominent and did nothing to deserve getting bit. End of rant. Cheers.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.