Advice please!

Tocullo

Nov 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
Well let me start by thanking all of the people that helped me fix my puppy's diarrhea. He's doing great now, but now I have another dilema. When I bought my puppy the breeder didn't give me his AKC papers, they told me that the papers were an extra charge.... They gave me a paper stating that the AKC papers had a charge of $500. At the time I agreed because we fell in love with the puppy. After a week I sent them an email to pay for them and they replied asking me which ones did I wanted the regular for $500 or premium for $1000. Relly is that how much this papers cost? I paid $1700 for him and now another $500 or $1000... I don't get it is this a normal practice with this breed? I honestly don't know what to do ,I Relly want his papers but I don't feel confidence with this people. Any suggestions will be very appreciated.

Thanks Andy

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
They are ripping you off big time. Preliminary papers (from the litter registration) should come with the pup for no charge. Full registration comes when you send the info to AKC and doesn't cost much at all. Either they lied, and the parents don't have papers and they are discouraging you from requesting them or something else screwy is going on. Unless you plan on breeding or showing the papers have no value what so ever. Have they even told you what the difference between the two types are anyway? I have never hear of "Premium" papers. There are different types but none are called that.

M

mabel lou

So normally when you get a dog who has both parents akc registered they register the litter and they get a akc puppy paper for each puppy they said they had and when you get your puppy they will give you one for your puppy so you can fill it out and rename him the name you want to and pick the silver package or gold package for your puppy as far as a 3 generation of your puppy or 3 generation with a video with it of some kind (I can't remember what the video is about). You pay for any co-owner added if you have one for this puppy and you can do this either via mail or on the internet. But never has anyone charged me anything like what your saying. Now their may be others who can explain that if it has ever happened to them but me personally I have never been ask to do anything but pay a certain amount and pick the puppy up sign a contract agreed upon and receive my akc puppy papers for me to register the dog in my name then.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It cost's you $25 for certification through AKC to put puppy in your name. That's it. You should call AKC and report this ASAP, and the authority's , these folks are ripping you off even requesting such a thing.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I agree with everyone - the paperwork should really come with the pup, inclusive. We had to pay like $20 to register under our name, but otherwise, that's it. (And they mentioned that was optional if we wanted to do that)

Report them!!!

OP
Tocullo

Tocullo

Nov 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Rambo
I figure something fishy was going on with this people. They even have a website but what is strange there is no address and when you call the phone number they never answer. They puppy was delivered to my house so I don't have there address. They only answer to emails or text...humm. Does anyone know if there any legal action I can take against this people?

Thanks

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They are a rip off artist, more than likely a broker for either a puppy mill or import pups. Report them to AKC and the authorities, but I doubt they won't be able to find them. If you were not going to breed or show, then your pup really doesn't need to be registered. Sorry you have to go through this, but there are a lot of scammers out there. Just be happy you didn't loos your money in the process.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
They are ripping you off big time. Preliminary papers (from the litter registration) should come with the pup for no charge. Full registration comes when you send the info to AKC and doesn't cost much at all. Either they lied, and the parents don't have papers and they are discouraging you from requesting them or something else screwy is going on. Unless you plan on breeding or showing the papers have no value what so ever. Have they even told you what the difference between the two types are anyway? I have never hear of "Premium" papers. There are different types but none are called that.

They are probably meaning full registration or limited registration, with Cleo we have limited and they came at no extra charge. Full just means that she can have pups and as long as the daddy is also registered we could register the litter. not sure if full is needed to show or not, though probably so. I would honestly just forget the papers if that's they way they are going to be. I'd seriously doubt the validity of them now anyway.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
They are probably meaning full registration or limited registration, with Cleo we have limited and they came at no extra charge. Full just means that she can have pups and as long as the daddy is also registered we could register the litter. not sure if full is needed to show or not, though probably so. I would honestly just forget the papers if that's they way they are going to be. I'd seriously doubt the validity of them now anyway.

Maybe, if they were honest but who knows, why not use the correct terminology if that's what they mean. I have full with Zamboni and they came with the dog. Yes, sometimes breeders charge more for a dog with full but that's usually said up front and is part of the purchase price.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have Lola's papers for AKC and it says on there its 30 when you sent them pack then if you want the AKC tag to go on the collar that is extra so I think they are ripping you off! Sounds like to me the parents aren't papered and there lying!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.