Thundershirt

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Rosebud & Bulldozer Bawss
Oh poor Lola - I hope this works for you. I have a neighbor who started using the Thundershirt in august and swears by it. Says it's like having a new dog. It is incredibly soft to the touch, I think I'd like one myself. Good luck. Look forward to your feedback on this.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Just want to wish you all the best with Lola. Not sure about the Shirt. As everyone has been saying it is hard to fit a Bully and if the fit isn't right it may not do what it is supposed to do. But the socialization classes will help no matter what and in time Lola will be more confident and more relaxed. Lola sounds so much like Miss Tallulah! Does Lola wear a collar or harness in the house? When Miss T gets a little rambunctious or overwrought I put her harness on and she calms right down. Seems to know. I have to put her harness on to put drops in her eyes too. Otherwise she used to try to bite my hand with the eye dropper to get it away. As soon as the harness goes on she sits quietly and I could poke and prod with no reaction from her whatsoever. I am so grateful that I found something that worked. At first I was in tears - I had spilled 2 sets of eye drop medications everywhere but her eyes at 78.00 a pop. And she bit me to stop me. I called the vet office staff and asked for guidance to calm her down and they brushed me off. Once I put on the harness everything changed. Then I started using it in the house when she got crazy and it worked. Between that and puppy manners 1 and 2 and lots of socialization she has blossomed. Hugs to Lola.:hug::hug:

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I didnt get the thunder shirt although they did have it in Pink but the lady helping me took it out of the box and showed me and honestly its like a cotton shirt. I thought there would be some weight to it and maybe thats what made it work but its really light weight and they just put in on tight so its snug around her and I cant tell you when we tried it on it took the XXL to fit around her chest and it was long but it didnt help at all. The lady told me it need to be like a training thing so like when she is home and calm i put it on her every day during a calm time so then she gets used to it and links it to being calm so then in a stressful situation when i put it on she will know to be calm. To me it just wasnt worth it!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
The husband convinced me to get this tonight and it's totally turned our anxious puppy into an old man. He was totally calm and relaxed all night, even at dinner time. We were able to keep him out of his crate while we were eating.

So far.. I have to say... I'm impressed.

It makes sense. I can't fathom going to bed without socks on.

Will keep you all posted. Hoping this will calm him down when the door bell rings and greeting new people. He can get a little hyperactive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
@ModernFemme-please let me know if it keeps working! I might buy one after all!

Okay, day 2 of the thunder shirt. We've been putting him in it during times we know he gets a little antsy. He has seriously just been laying around, half falling asleep while sitting up. Our 6 month puppy is literally acting like a full grown bulldog, a total couch potato. It appears to also be controlling his oral fixation. Normally he gets bored of bones very quickly and constantly chewing stuff. He's not.

This is the most unbelievable thing I've ever seen!!!! We're going to test out the door bell, etc later.

BTW, we got the large for our 6 month puppy (40 pounds) and it fit awesome, with lots of room for growth. It's covered in velcro, so you can really fine-tune the fit. Most stores let us try stuff on though while we're there. If you measure your pooch's chest, you will definitely know what size to get.

Last edited:

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Remi looks adorable in his shirt. He is just such a little cutie with a big 'tude. :D When I put the harness on Miss T she does exactly the same thing. Totally relaxes - some of my friends wonder if she is depressed because she is not her "exuberant" self. But I really like the idea of the shirt. Especially since it is so cold outside and when she needs to go out to potty it would help a little in keeping her warm.. I will keep checking in with your post to see how Remi is doing over the next few days and may go out and buy one next week. Have a wonderful Christmas!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
We put Gizmo into ANY Snug shirt and its an 'Instant Calmer' however, we use it very sparingly, we dont want her to think its a punishment, or 'burn out the effect' - We put her Harness on when the grandkids come over, and she just sorta hides and gives us stinkeye, until we take it off of her, but by then the 'initial excitement' has worn off, and she is pretty good with the houseful of people.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Ok I am going to get one today then and try it out! I hope it works for Lola we have a big Christmas dinner tomorrow and I want her to be calm! I will post pics later!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
@ModernFemme I am going to get one today then and try it out! I hope it works for Lola we have a big Christmas dinner tomorrow and I want her to be calm! I will post pics later! And also how did it fit in length? Lola has a pretty long body.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Ok I am going to get one today then and try it out! I hope it works for Lola we have a big Christmas dinner tomorrow and I want her to be calm! I will post pics later!
Good luck with Lola and the shirt. Hope your Christmas dinner is awesome ( and Bully sweet) Merry Christmas! :D

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
We put Gizmo into ANY Snug shirt and its an 'Instant Calmer' however, we use it very sparingly, we dont want her to think its a punishment, or 'burn out the effect' - We put her Harness on when the grandkids come over, and she just sorta hides and gives us stinkeye, until we take it off of her, but by then the 'initial excitement' has worn off, and she is pretty good with the houseful of people.

I agree. Their faces can sometimes look so sad!!!! I only do it when I can't focus on him and need him to chillax for a bit.

We have a variety of sweaters we use. Some are more heavy duty weather type of fleeces, and others are just a thin layer for a cooler day.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Well bought her one today I got a XL and it is big length wise but width its on the tightest but the way she is growing I wanted it big. The end on her back I just tuck in I would say a L would have fit better. It does work though! I wasnt sure at first because she freaked and tried to get out of it but them she settled down and she does jump up on me and just kinds walks around slow! I am so glad I got this! I hope it keeps working!
20121224_150130.jpg20121224_150142.jpg