Lucy-ACA not AKC

ScottFree00

Dec 13, 2012
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Ok so our new pup Lucy is ACA registered and not AKC and I knew going in they may not be as legit as AKC but the breeder we got her from was keeping them in house and had good records and her parents looked good. The sire is akc and the dam is aca. I guess in the back of my mind I'm worried if i got scammed and if she could be one of those old english dogs. Is there anyway to really ever know? We are so smitten with her now it doesn't really matter just don't want to think i went for a ride..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355540604556.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355540604556.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 184
OP
ScottFree00

ScottFree00

Dec 13, 2012
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
The only thing that got me thinking this is that someone told me aca dogs are all mixed or designer dogs.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Honestly..I don't know..but she looks perfect to me. Old English are wonderful Bully's too. In fact, they often have less health issues. I will get a few people here to give you an educated answer..

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]....[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION].....[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I really dont think it matters what she is registered as its just a piece of paper and as long as you dont plan on breeding it really doesnt matter. I can understand your worry of getting scammed and is their a way your breeder can show you the family tree so to speak?

OP
ScottFree00

ScottFree00

Dec 13, 2012
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
She showed us the parents and pics of the grandparents. They all look like English bulldogs to me. The aca thing was just eating at me. I don't really care to show or breed. We will be getting spayed when she is the right age for it.

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
papers for our puppy were AKC for the mom and--geez, something else for the sire. I was literally concerned for about two days (for the same reasons, $$$$), but then we totally forgot, stopped caring. You clearly have a beautiful dog, and over time I've been THANKFUL for whatever genetic misfire may have happened b/c Lupe has a slightly longer snout by a few cenimeters and clear hips on X-rays. But I totally remember worrying we got "scammed". It's part of the process. Just wait to her little teeth start kicking in, or when she plods up to you and sleeps on her feet, and then this will all be a distant concern!

OP
ScottFree00

ScottFree00

Dec 13, 2012
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Just wait to her little teeth start kicking in, or when she plods up to you and sleeps on her feet, and then this will all be a distant concern!

Haha. Do they do that? What does that mean? Sleeps on her feet

OP
ScottFree00

ScottFree00

Dec 13, 2012
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Lol. For some reason i was picturing her sleeping up on her back feet. Braindead moment.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I got my pup from a breeder in PA. Parents weren't on site, but they had all their papers together, akc. It's so hard to tell with this breed whether we get scammed. What a sad world we live in.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
We are talking about two different clubs papers. One being the American Kennel Club & one being the American Canine Association . Americans recognize the AKC more for the breeds are older and more traceable . Canada has its own clubs also .it's not necessarily a bad thing, just a preference . You can find many different club papers around the world

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
If your not showing her, or breeding her, it doesn't matter anyway , she is registered with you. My Dozers jaw grew into a severe underbite when he was 5 months old, and it's considered a genetic defect, but I don't care, he's mine. I could give him back to the breeder and either get my money back, or a new puppy, but I don't want either. I love him just the way he is. I figure god made him that way, and he is so cute and sweet. I bought him for a pet, so he's perfect in my eyes. Just enjoy your baby and dont worry.

M

mabel lou

Money well spent on your baby. The fact that she is with you means in her eyes she just won the jack pot. That alone will erase the amount you spent as yours will become mere pennies compared to the daily fortune she will receive from her pay off. I seriously could care less that one of my girls has an AKC paper behind her and the other has nothing lol. Darn it yet one has a small food allergy and I paid for her and the other has a ton of medical issues that are appearing and she was the rescue one that I paid a small amount compared to the other but at the end of the day I can say this with my heart. I love my two girls so very very much and I feel like I have hit the jack pot over here with both of them for what they have brought into my life and they know daily that they are loved. You will easily forget any of this as your puppy shows you that she won the jack pot by you coming into her life. Have a great day and god bless

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Your baby is adorable and from the pic does not look like and Olde English, and as long as you are not going to show or breed, then it really doesn't matter. Usually when one is registered with another club it is because the breeder registered the litter with a "limited registration" with AKC to keep someone from breeding the pup and registering the litter with AKC. The new owner then breeds that pup anyway and registers them with ACA or CKC (Continental Kennel Club, not Canadian Kennel Club which is Canada's equivalent of our AKC.) or an other club. This may not be a bad thing as some breeders want to make sure the ones that do get bred are to their standard. Other times one may have a genetic trait they do not want to be passed down and will limit that pups registration, but usually they will make sure the pup is neutered/spayed. That being said I wouldn't worry much about it, because you have a very beautiful pup, that will give you many years of love.

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Liz is AKC and Amy is ACA. They are 2 months apart in age and the only differences is that Liz is longer by a couple of inches in the body and has a much shorter snout and an underbite. She is champion sired, but no one promised that Amy was! I did inquire and no, I cannot register Amy with AKC, it has to be done by the breeder. But since they are pets, it really makes no difference.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.