Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lucy-ACA not AKC

mabel lou

Default Re: Lucy-ACA not AKC

Money well spent on your baby. The fact that she is with you means in her eyes she just won the jack pot. That alone will erase the amount you spent as yours will become mere pennies compared to the daily fortune she will receive from her pay off. I seriously could care less that one of my girls has an AKC paper behind her and the other has nothing lol. Darn it yet one has a small food allergy and I paid for her and the other has a ton of medical issues that are appearing and she was the rescue one that I paid a small amount compared to the other but at the end of the day I can say this with my heart. I love my two girls so very very much and I feel like I have hit the jack pot over here with both of them for what they have brought into my life and they know daily that they are loved. You will easily forget any of this as your puppy shows you that she won the jack pot by you coming into her life. Have a great day and god bless

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Your baby is adorable and from the pic does not look like and Olde English, and as long as you are not going to show or breed, then it really doesn't matter. Usually when one is registered with another club it is because the breeder registered the litter with a "limited registration" with AKC to keep someone from breeding the pup and registering the litter with AKC. The new owner then breeds that pup anyway and registers them with ACA or CKC (Continental Kennel Club, not Canadian Kennel Club which is Canada's equivalent of our AKC.) or an other club. This may not be a bad thing as some breeders want to make sure the ones that do get bred are to their standard. Other times one may have a genetic trait they do not want to be passed down and will limit that pups registration, but usually they will make sure the pup is neutered/spayed. That being said I wouldn't worry much about it, because you have a very beautiful pup, that will give you many years of love.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Lucie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Liz and Amy
    Likes (Received)

Liz is AKC and Amy is ACA. They are 2 months apart in age and the only differences is that Liz is longer by a couple of inches in the body and has a much shorter snout and an underbite. She is champion sired, but no one promised that Amy was! I did inquire and no, I cannot register Amy with AKC, it has to be done by the breeder. But since they are pets, it really makes no difference.
    Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend. ~Corey Ford

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
    Likes (Received)

my eb is aca an you can still show with aca his sire was AKC an his mom was ACA an Franklin is all English bulldog I wouldn't worry to much about it I was worried at first now that he is getting bigger he is all ebd lol I got Franklin from a PA breeder to

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member mc68mc's Avatar
    Real Name
    Robert McCray
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
    Likes (Received)

April is ACA we dont care - havn't even sent in the paperwork yet weve had her five months -we also had her spayed and microchiped and we mailed that paper work in the next day - priorities i guess -her tag on her collar says April McCray she is part of the family and is going to spend the rest of her life with us -papers dont mean anything to us and there are plenty of wonderful ACA dogs out there ....just love her and she will give back that love tenfold over

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracy Edwards Thompson
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
    Likes (Received)

There is nothing wrong with the ACA that I can see; they seem much like the AKC in that they keep the genealogical records of dogs for pedigree. I wouldn't worry one bit about which registry has your puppy. The fact that she is your baby is more important than some musty ole record by far.

Proud Mother of Winston Biscuit since October 30, 2010.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

I agree with everybody. Our Bacon is registered with CKC but it was love at first site with her and our family.
    She could be registered or not and we would not care coz at this point she is part of the family.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

I just realized Bacon ACA too, didn't realize this until the other day when we had his paperwork out for some reason. Either was like everyone said, he's a year old and not going to be a sire so no biggie.

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member wheezer's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus, Dexter
    Likes (Received)

Zeus could have been AKC registered. I received the paperwork,but I never sent I The paperwork because I did not I tend to breed or show. No big deal to me!
    Zeus 2013

She is just beautiful! I never registered mine either. I didn't care about the papers because we got her fixed and had no intentions on breeding. Enjoy your bundle of joy!! They are truly the best dogs ever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads