Our Pets as healers when we have broken hearts.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Today's tragedy in Ct was especially devistating to us, as Newtown Ct is our hometown. We still have children there, but we were fortunate to not have any grandchildren in that school. However, my son is an EMT and was one of the first responders. What he saw was more horrific than what he experienced for 7 months in Afghanistan as a Combat Medic with the Marines. He is so devistated by the senseless loss of lives, especially all those innocent children. I have no idea how anyone gets past this kind of tragedy. My hubby and I were glued to our computer this afternoon, the tears would not stop. And then, if almost on cue, our little ball of fur came over and licked both of our legs- this from the dog that has decided we are nothing more than chew toys! Today, an angel sent him to give us kisses, and we just melted when that happened. From there we took him on his first walk to get out of the house and away from the tragedy. It was such good therapy. Please, say a prayer for all the innocent lives lost today. Our hearts are breaking here in Florida, but I know there is a whole country behind those that suffered such a great loss today. Just had to vent a little. Bogey had his pictures done today- they are gorgeous. When we are feeling a little better, I will post them. thanks for listening.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oh I know, I knew someone would come along that knew or knows someone from the town. I am sorry for everything that your son is going through. Know that everyone here is with you, knowing how your bully can melt your heart in an instant. they get it, don't they

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I'm so sorry your son had to be there and see that tragedy first hand ... I sat here in tears for the lives lost and the families that have to try to carry on, I just never understand how things such as this happen, just breaks my heart! I'm glad that Bogey was able to show you some unconditional love at the moment you needed it most! My thoughts and prayers are with you, your son and all the families involved in this senseless tragedy!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It is a sad day for sure and somehow our bullies know when we need a little love. [MENTION=7064]mer55[/MENTION] bless your son, tell him to talk about his feelings and don't hold it in, or seek professional help through his department if he needs to, it can tear you apart if you let it.

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
My heart is broken thinking about all the innocents that are suffering. That area seems so peaceful and beautiful. So senseless. Oh and yes, bulldogs do seem to sense when they are needed and are there for you. I've noticed it with my two ladies.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have been sad all day just horrible what people are capable of! I dont understand how anyone could do this kind of stuff!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I sat down today to watch Young and the Restless, and was about 20 mins into it , when the news came on about the shooting. As I started to watch it I couldn't beleive something so horrific and senseless could happen, or that it even happened at a elementary school with innocent little children. I was sitting here with tears rolling down my face, and couldn't imagine what kind of an animal or inhumane person could do this. My heart and prayers go out to that community, and especially the families who lost their children. How do you ever get over or deal with something like this? Those poor little babes will probably be scared and have post traumatic problems for a long , time after what they have experienced. I hope they are able to talk about their feelings , and get help , as well as your son. It must have been very emotional and devastating for him to have witnessed this senseless murders of these innocent little lives. That has got to affect you. If I am crying here in Canada just watching TV, I can imagine what someone so close to the situation must be going through. I hope he finds a way to talk about his feelings and to cope with what he experienced, as well as all the others who witnessed this tragedy, from the children, the parents, the siblings, the teachers, the police, the EMTs, and the FBI. They have had a lot to deal with today , and will continue to be traumatized by the events of today. We can only imagine what went through the killers head , and what drove him to do such a horrible thing. He's not even alive to face what he has done. My heart is aching for all the families dealing with the loss of their kids, and I send my love and prayers their way , and hope they can find a way to cope with and find peace. This has got to be the sadest day ever. I'm glad Bogey gave you some comfort, it's funny how they sense when we are sad or sick, or just need a cuddle. Take care and I hope your son is okay.

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Thank you for all the kind words. My son is a trooper. He saved countless lives in Afghanistan, and was just awarded the Silver Star for Gallantry in Action. This however has left a bigger scar than any of the horrors of war he witnessed. He thought he left those wounds in that he'll-hole, this has opened all of them up. He has great support systems in place and I know he will survive this too. He is a born warrior and survival is what he does best. Thanks again for all the support. Hugs to all of you! Prayers for all the victims and their families please!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hugs and prayers to you and your family and all those impacted by this horrible senseless tragedy

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
God Bless your son for all the good he does , for fighting for us and our freedom, for helping the weak and the sick and the victims of senseless violence. He truly is a special person, you must be so proud of him, and he must be a strong person to be able to do what he does. I hope he is okay.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Thank you for all the kind words. My son is a trooper. He saved countless lives in Afghanistan, and was just awarded the Silver Star for Gallantry in Action. This however has left a bigger scar than any of the horrors of war he witnessed. He thought he left those wounds in that he'll-hole, this has opened all of them up. He has great support systems in place and I know he will survive this too. He is a born warrior and survival is what he does best. Thanks again for all the support. Hugs to all of you! Prayers for all the victims and their families please!!

Mary, thank you for raising such a brave and dedicated son. Our country would be lost without such heros. Everything about this sensless and appalling act just tears at my heart. We lived in VT for over 11 years due to a domestic dispute someone went to our local elementary school (where both of my sons had attended and I had volunteered and worked part time for a number of years) and shot and killed his intended victim and another innocent teacher who was beloved by so many kids and their parents. VT of all places... and now a place so similiar makes it obvious that there is no way to know where is safe anymore.. You have your little Bogey for some comfort so snuggle up to him. I wish your son peace in his heart and hope he knows he did all that he could possibly do. Ann

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.