First afternoon out of the crate by herself at home...

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Today for the first time I decide to give Izzy the opportunity to stay at home by herself and outside her crate. I picked her up at doggy day care at 12:30pm and took her back to our apartment and she seemed relaxed enough on the couch so I decided to let her to roam free till I get back from work.

Now I am here counting the minutes to go home and open the door to hopefully :pray: find her on the same position where I left her... sound asleep in the couch!!!! I am kind of nervous... if anything goes wrong I will hear my bf complaining to me for weeks (since he has no idea I am doing this!!!) :mansfriend:

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Ahh how old is Izzy now? Tilly is about six months and I'm STILL too nervous to do this. Mostly because she chews things and I'd be scared she'd get into the electrical wires.

Let me us know how she does!!

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
Should we start a pool on what may be chewed on now?? :lmaoboy:

I hope she does well. Xena just turned 4 months and gets into mischief even wile I'm watching

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
If it doesn't go perfectly, it may have been too long a time for her first time alone. When we first let Olive stay out of her crate, it was for an hour. Over the course of several weeks, we gradually gave her more unsupervised time out of the crate. We also close bedroom and bathroom doors to reduce the likelihood of her getting into trouble. Hopefully she just took a nice long Bully nap on her comfy couch

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
If it doesn't go perfectly, it may have been too long a time for her first time alone. When we first let Olive stay out of her crate, it was for an hour. Over the course of several weeks, we gradually gave her more unsupervised time out of the crate. We also close bedroom and bathroom doors to reduce the likelihood of her getting into trouble. Hopefully she just took a nice long Bully nap on her comfy couch

She did wonderful!!!! I'm so happy! I opened the door and there she was, same spot on the couch! Now I wonder if she slept for 4 hours While she stayed at home. I did check the apt and things seem to be untouched by her. I also closed bedroom and bathroom doors. But I'm sure that having her at daycare from 7am- 1230pm helped to burn all energy out of her.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad she did well, just make sure the electrical cards are put so she can't get to them.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
That's so great, she did well, I would be too nervous to let my 2 roam free when we aren't home, they eat everything lol. Luckily though, I work only 3 days a week, my husband works midnights, and my son is home most days, so they aren't crated very often .

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
I'm glad she did well, but I still think she is a little young to be left uncrated for so long. Spoken like I'm not the one who insisted we let the ladies stay uncrated while we went out. Tomorrow she may surprize you by finding trouble. See how it goes.

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
That is so great!!! I bet you are right. She was all pooped out from playing and didn't move. LOL

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I'm glad she did well, but I still think she is a little young to be left uncrated for so long. Spoken like I'm not the one who insisted we let the ladies stay uncrated while we went out. Tomorrow she may surprize you by finding trouble. See how it goes.
I agree with you, today was an exception just to see how she does. I don't plan to have her out of the crate unsupervised. Tomorrow she goes back to normal routine ;)

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Good job Izzy! :clap2: Aubie is almost 9 months and she stays out of her crate when we are gone. We gave her a lot of short test runs before we let her go free. She does fine and sleeps most of the day. Izzy will get there one day, baby steps are good tests.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.