The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: HELP! Please.........Scary for me

Everyone gets along just fine in our house unless one has something remarkable and the other one wants it. This goes for the 13 year old Dane or Amber and has been that way for the past 16 years that I have had multiple dogs. When it comes to treats larger than small ones they can each sit and eat without the other taking it, I separate them until they are all finished. We had a knock down drag out over deer antlers not too long ago because I forgot all about some that were laying around. The Dane took Ambers antler and Amber decided she was going to get it back; Amber being short latched on to the Danes leg and it was on. We separated them, no one got hurt but we did make sure no more antlers were laying around. My moto is "divide and conquer." Each is fed in a separate location not in eyesight of each other and when no food is involved they are best buddies. Good Luck and I hope it all works out.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by babybully View Post
    @Dubbiedog Cleo will get that way with Mac sometimes and she will eventually learn, she has been a mommy's only until now! the only thing different that I would possibly suggest in the future would be perhaps to put her in the crate instead of Tio. She was the one who started it after all and he's lived a life of cruelty stuck in a cage 24/7 doing that when she's the aggressor could possibly show him that he's the problem maybe? Please, please don't think i'm being rude in anyway, it was just the fiirst thing that popped into my head when i read that you crated him instead and I just thought, poor baby he probably thinks he's in trouble now. Mac has never even growled at Cleo, i swear I've never heard him growl EVER, it is always her who starts the fights. And chews the kids toys. and my couch.
    I just want to say a huge Thank you to all who have responded and I have read every post and already implemented much of the advice and am seeing some progress. I have always been totally consistant with Dubbie. she is a super sociable girl and goes everywhere and is invited everywhere. We have never heard her growl either. She does't like Tio to get attention from me and of course he is stuck to me like Velcro. This is a first for all of us and as I try to "train" my husband that I'm not being cruel to Dublin by discipling her we have had a few words. I need all of his support right now and he is feeling "bad" for Dubbie. It's tough but I know what I have to do. I just want to clarify something. Tio was not crated all day. He in fact "ran wild" with 46 other Bullies and he has all the scars to show for it.:crying:. He loves his crate ( go figure) and willingly goes in and relaxes and sleep. Dublin is crate trained also but we have not had occassion for her to go in for quite some time. She will go in by herself and play and chill. I always understood not to use the crate as a punishment and I never have. It is considered a "good" place in our home. I will continue to read all of the advice. P.S> the housebreaking is going well . We just can't figure out where this boy gets his capacity to love and be soooo sweet when you know what he has been through but we are totally grateful.

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

So glad housebreaking is getting better! Thats a big battle in it self!

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sharon
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Tallulah and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbiedog View Post
    . We just can't figure out where this boy gets his capacity to love and be soooo sweet when you know what he has been through but we are totally grateful.
    I am positive that they know they have been saved and are in a place of caring and love.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads