Braggin' 'Bout Bogey!!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
:excited:My little guy is just amazing! He has adjusted to his crate just fine, and will now go and nap there during the day! He knows the command sit, and today when his saw I had his lunch, he sat without me even asking!! He is still the little poop machine, but has never had an accident in the house! He bites EVERYTING in his path, but has responded nicely to the shake cans! We are keeping him very busy during the day and evening with him taking short naps on and off throughout the day. It's paying off, as he slept from 10 pm last night to 5 this morning! I however got up to check on him twice during the night:bitching:! He never budged!! He is just so sweet most of the time, but oh when he gets into psycho puppy mode, watch out!
I hope to continue on this successful path with him, as I would love to use him as a therapy dog for nursing home/hospital visits.
We may have only had him for a week, but I can't imagine my life without him! I know we have a long road ahead of us with training, but weare feeling really comfortable with it. Thanks for all the great advice I get from here!!:2thumbs:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 175

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awwwwwww! What a good boy. Jake was a perfect puppy too..WAS! :ROFL: I hope when Bogey hits teenage years, you have some warning! It was then, that out of the blue..Jake pooped in the house! Twice with NO warning! We snapped him out of that very quickly and I am sure you will keep Bogey in line!

Sounds like he will make a wonderful therapy dog! Bravo to you!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Such a proud bully parent, awesome job.......love the little puppy stink eye you are getting in that picture:stinkeye::stinkeye::stinkeye::stinkeye:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I'm so glad things are going so well, Bogey is just Adore-A-bull and its so awesome that he has fit right in!!! every family will have their trial and errors but as long as you keep clear rules, boundaries and limitations for him he will be set up for success!!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Great news for you and him! Bravo.....

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Awwwwwww! What a good boy. Jake was a perfect puppy too..WAS! :ROFL: I hope when Bogey hits teenage years, you have some warning! It was then, that out of the blue..Jake pooped in the house! Twice with NO warning! We snapped him out of that very quickly and I am sure you will keep Bogey in line!

Sounds like he will make a wonderful therapy dog! Bravo to you!

Okay, how did you snap Jake out of the pooping in the house. Our new rescue Tio is not housebroken and of course we are working on it with the help of Miss Dubbie but would love to know what you did???

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
:excited:My little guy is just amazing! He has adjusted to his crate just fine, and will now go and nap there during the day! He knows the command sit, and today when his saw I had his lunch, he sat without me even asking!! He is still the little poop machine, but has never had an accident in the house! He bites EVERYTING in his path, but has responded nicely to the shake cans! We are keeping him very busy during the day and evening with him taking short naps on and off throughout the day. It's paying off, as he slept from 10 pm last night to 5 this morning! I however got up to check on him twice during the night:bitching:! He never budged!! He is just so sweet most of the time, but oh when he gets into psycho puppy mode, watch out!
I hope to continue on this successful path with him, as I would love to use him as a therapy dog for nursing home/hospital visits.
We may have only had him for a week, but I can't imagine my life without him! I know we have a long road ahead of us with training, but weare feeling really comfortable with it. Thanks for all the great advice I get from here!!:2thumbs:

Mary, he is stunning. He looks like one of those perfect stuffed animals you would find at the store. His coat is just the most beautiful colors. sounds like you are having a wonderful bonding time. :2thumbs:. Kep up the good work and hope to meet up soon.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Wait til he eats your best pair of shoes!!! LOL... You are doing a great job with the Bogemiester... what a sweetie :love:

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Great news, he seems to be a great new addition to your family! :) Keep posting pictures and stories from your baby, it is always a joy to read them!

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
He is sooo cute! I love those sweet baby months (less the needle teeth)! Sounds like you are really enjoying him! Take lots of pics because they grow so quickly!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
That is great to hear, glad your having a successful 1st week. Awesome. It's amazing how fast they grab our hearts and own us. Lol. I can't imagine my life without my 2 babies either. They are so adorable. Congratulations.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Sounds like a perfect little puppy! The teenage years are so fun so get your rest now!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is too cute.

Most Reactions

Staff online