Am I the only one who tucks their bulldog in?

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
We put Ellie in her crate for the night around 10:30-ish. Here lately, I've found myself up until 11:00 or later, so I'll go check on her before I go to bed. It seems like every night I open her crate and she just lays there only moving her eyes to watch me, tongue sticking out.....typical "I'm not moving unless food's involved" tired bulldog. Well I end up taking one of her blankets and covering her up with it. Am I the only one that's this :ninjaspank:?

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
We don't give Winston a blanket, mostly because he would chew it up; but we do indeed have a bedtime ritual with him.

When it's time to go to bed, my husband and I both will get a small handful (ten pieces or so) of kibble, and feed each piece to him one at a time. Then he gets pets and hugs and kisses. Winston sometimes needs a little urging to go into his kennel, but he does it without a fuss (MOST of the time. If he's really energetic he'll run up the stairs and try to hide on the couch. :rolleyes:) Then he goes in, gets a "good night doggy" and he'll lay down and be snoring inside five minutes.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I have covered HRH at times but she usually sheds the blankie during the night. We usually dont bother.

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
I don't cover Brutus up w/ a blanket, but I do give him lots of love before it's crate time, and then one last kiss and hug once he is in his crate. The same ritual when I leave for work.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I tuck Herman in, I have a whole ritual. I have to organize his blankets, make sure his crate cover is just right so no air can get through. It's a fairly detailed process LOL

He just looks at me and wishes I was out of his 'room'

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Well Otis sleeps with my husband and I smack dab in the middle of the bed (I know a bad habit, but I love him being there) he has his own blankie and I cover him when we go to bed and through out the night (re-cover) if I wake up.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Ours don't get bedding because they will chew it up and Buddy doesn't like bedding in his crate. The pups are the only ones who get a towel in their crates, so far they haven't chewed them up. ( knock on wood )

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
We put Ellie in her crate for the night around 10:30-ish. Here lately, I've found myself up until 11:00 or later, so I'll go check on her before I go to bed. It seems like every night I open her crate and she just lays there only moving her eyes to watch me, tongue sticking out.....typical "I'm not moving unless food's involved" tired bulldog. Well I end up taking one of her blankets and covering her up with it. Am I the only one that's this :ninjaspank:?

I love the avatar! lol

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I kinda tuck mine in. I make the rounds to all 3 of them as I go to bed. I tell them all goodnight and cover with a blanket if it is cold. I know they all will end up in my bed but always say goodnight just in case they r too comfy to follow.

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Our bedtime ritual is as follows:
Mommy gets in the bathtub, puppy lays on my towel to keep it warm. When I get out I get looked at like, oh mom... I just got comfy here, you REALLY want me to get up?
Then he goes and lays under the ench by the end of the bed until I get in the bed. He comes and puts his sweet face right by the bed and I love on him and tell him how much I love that puppy and he gets in his bed.
Then sometime during the night my ninja puppy sneaks into the bed to snuggle. And if he's too sleepy to ninja in during the night, as soon a daddy gets up he's in the bed. I can't help it, I love snuggling with my squishy face....

I'd really rather spend time with him than most humans!! Lmao

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Nigel sleeps with me sometimes and when I try to cover him he just kicks off the blanket. He and Karly do have bedding in their crates and when I say it's time for bed she'll go to her crate. Nigel comes to my bed until his midnight potty run then after that he'll go to his crate.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I dont put blankets in her crate but we do have a bedtime schedule we follow.

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
I guess I am traumatizing Liz and Amy. I get home from work at midnight and they wake up and we have some play and/or snack time. When we are ready for bed we go in our room and the last thing the ladies hear is no! Stay! And we shut the door in their sweet little smooshy faces!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.