A little worried about bringing Finn to see Santa

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Good luck! I know Otis would be bouncing off the walls, I need to train him a little better before we attempt that one.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Before we went to get pics with Santa ... We took a 2 hour walk so all our ya-yas were used up and all the energy we had left was to sit pretty and smile.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
if you are nerveous he will have issue.....

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'd take them both for a long walk beforehand. Then go with a friend ... that way if he does have an issue he can be led away from the situation, and you can still get one bully in a pic with Santa. With [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] growing photo app skills she may even be able to photoshop him into the pic!!!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I've love all the Santa pics. I've never been one to take any of mine though. Something about sitting them with someone strange in a suit where they can't recognize the person just doesn't appeal to me. I do love the photos though. :christmas23:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Well, you guys all make it look so easy having your bullies posing w/Santa Claus. My plan is for this Sat, to first have both of them groomed and bathed, and then afterwards we'll give :christmas10: a visit at Pet Smart. I'll play it by ear and see how they react to their surroundings. I have a feeling it'll be pretty crowded 'cuz it's Santa's last wknd there.

A nice long walk before the bath and the requisite bathroom break before Santa and I'll bet Tate will be too pooped to act out. A good dog is a tired dog! You have to be CALM and ASSERTIVE too so nothing "tips him off" that you are anxious about anything. Part of how he reacts in these situations could totally be his reaction to the anxiousness YOU are feeling inside! Stand strong EB Mama!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Today was the day for Tate and Finn to see Santa Paws at Pet Smart. We started the morning with both of them getting a much needed bath and the works because I wanted them to be fresh and clean if they were going to visit Santa. Finn was in particular very antsy about going to Pet Smart in the first place. He did not even want to get out of the car and when he did, I could see his little body shaking. So, I was pretty sure we were not going to get pics done if Finn was already acting like this.

Fast forward to after the grooming: I'm talking to the cashier as I pay for the baths and I ask if there's a long line to see Santa. She says NO! it's still pretty quiet so you should go NOW! hmmm...okay, i'm thinking in my head...let's check it out...

I get there and a few store clerks were fawning all over the boys (of course, right?), and encouraging me to get a pic w/Santa. Just one person ahead of us so we wait in line. It's our turn and I decide to just get a separate shot of each boy w/Santa vs. one together. Turned out Tate was more antsy than Finn during the picture taking. Actually, I think Finn was just so scared he didn't really know what to do except sit there.

So, here are some outtakes and the final pics w/Santa Paws!

IMG_3118.jpgIMG_3120.jpg

IMG_3126.jpg

ps: One gripe I had about the "photo shoot" was how Santa didn't even talk to the boys and ask them what they wanted for Christmas! Now is that too much to ask for from a Santa Paws???!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Today was the day for Tate and Finn to see Santa Paws at Pet Smart. We started the morning with both of them getting a much needed bath and the works because I wanted them to be fresh and clean if they were going to visit Santa. Finn was in particular very antsy about going to Pet Smart in the first place. He did not even want to get out of the car and when he did, I could see his little body shaking. So, I was pretty sure we were not going to get pics done if Finn was already acting like this.

Fast forward to after the grooming: I'm talking to the cashier as I pay for the baths and I ask if there's a long line to see Santa. She says NO! it's still pretty quiet so you should go NOW! hmmm...okay, i'm thinking in my head...let's check it out...

I get there and a few store clerks were fawning all over the boys (of course, right?), and encouraging me to get a pic w/Santa. Just one person ahead of us so we wait in line. It's our turn and I decide to just get a separate shot of each boy w/Santa vs. one together. Turned out Tate was more antsy than Finn during the picture taking. Actually, I think Finn was just so scared he didn't really know what to do except sit there.

So, here are some outtakes and the final pics w/Santa Paws!

View attachment 32491View attachment 32492

View attachment 32493

ps: One gripe I had about the "photo shoot" was how Santa didn't even talk to the boys and ask them what they wanted for Christmas! Now is that too much to ask for from a Santa Paws???!

Yay! You did it!! Love them!!

I bet if you take of santas glove it won't be a paw :(

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
oh yay! I love love love the pictures I'm so glad you were able to get the pictures, hopefully they both recovered quick after the pictures where done ... and YES Santa should have been talking and interacting with them! (the Cranky Clause we had at Petsmart was the same way :( )

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I sure wasn't expecting to see Santa Paw pictures of T&F. Love the ones framed. Santa Paws doesn't look too thrill though, lol.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Great pics! I got them done this morning when I went shopping for a thundershirt. Was the santa where you are good with your bully's? The one I went to was good and i was very impressed!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Great pics! I got them done this morning when I went shopping for a thundershirt. Was the santa where you are good with your bully's? The one I went to was good and i was very impressed!

Santa was a little indifferent and uninterested. Not rude or anything, just no warm and fuzzies that I would expect from the REAL Santa! :christmas10:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava

where is the picture, you are suppose to share!! don't make me use : pic : LOL

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Santa was a little indifferent and uninterested. Not rude or anything, just no warm and fuzzies that I would expect from the REAL Santa! :christmas10:

I was kinda bummed with the Santa in the store I went to, he was really cranky kinda like maybe he was told to play Santa rather then volunteering to play Santa so he doesn't interact with the pets or their humans at all just sits on the bench and looks at the camera ... he must be the only employee to fit the suit cause he was the Santa last year too :( glad I went to the mall because that Santa was way better, he had a real beard and was actually "Jolly" the gal doing the picture asked me if I wanted to be in the picture with my babies and I guess the look on my face and my "oh heck no" response made Santa actually lean back in his chair, throw his head back and belly laugh LOL

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Ok ok calm down [MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION] I will post a pic!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.