cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Lots of you guys have had some really fun, funny, festive, and just cool pics of your bullies with Santa Claus. This coming wknd I'm thinking of bringing my boys to visit the old man at our local Pet Smart. My main concern is with Finn who can be a little antsy and nervous. Tho he does not have a hx of being an aggressive dog, he has bitten 1 person in the past. And sometimes, while at the vet's office, he will pee out of nervousness. Did you guys have concerns about your bulldog either biting Santa or peeing on his lap? Maybe I will just bring Tate but it would be fun to have both boys in the pic.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber is very socialized but she gets nervous in new areas and surroundings. She is not receptive to quick changes so I am careful to what I introduce her to. She doesn't like change in the house and I am having a real time of it with the christmas tree and lights so she won't be seeing Santa. I think this is one of those things where owners individually have to know the limitations of their pets. Amber loves being involved in everything we do so maybe if you are a part of the experience he will be ok with it. Good luck

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I was nervous bringing both of mine for different reasons. Diva is just nervous around anyone outside of the family, and she doesn't care for other dogs besides Gio. I don't think she would ever bite anyone but she has growled before and I was nervous with her being in the setting with lots of dogs and people and sitting next to the big guy. She ended up doing great, she wasn't thrilled (if you saw their pic she was pushing away from him). And Gio has an "excited bladder", sometimes he just gets so excited he pees a little, I did have to keep an eye on him since he is a marker and I did see him try to lift his leg on one of the plants in the mall!! But he was great and didn't have an accident. And plus they advertised that they had extra staff working for little messes!

But I would definitely bring both of them, let Finn sniff santa first and I am sure you will be able to judge right away if he can handle it or not. Finn could even sit on the ground in front of santa while Tate is next to santa! I did see one lab do that while a smaller dog was on Santa's lap. Also, the santa I went to had treats with him and that helped with Diva, so maybe bring a few just incase and allow santa to give it to Finn. Have fun and share the pics, it was a blast seeing all the dogs, they were all so cute!

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
I was a little nervous because Xena is just 4 months old. I wasn't worried about her, I was worried about the other dogs that may be there, but everything was fine.
We did take her for a relief walk before we went. :walk:

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
We took Ellie this past Saturday to our local Pet Sense store as they advertised pictures with Santa. She LOVES people and was very receptive of the jolly old fat man, but there was one issue. There was no one to take pictures of your pets with Santa!! So the wife used her phone and of course leaves the flash on for everything and the pic is blown out and Ellie has demon eyes. I would advise to take a camera just to be safe.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
When I went to the store to get pictures with Santa I stood there and let Diesel just hang out and look around it was really busy and so many dogs barking he wasn't really feeling it but I let him adjust to the noise and also look at and watch Santa and when "he" made the decision to go meet him I just followed like it was his idea LOL they snap the pictures pretty fast trying to get a good one, so it all happens really quick! I was pretty amazed at how proud of himself he seemed, after he posed for the pictures he started going to other people and letting them love on him and he strutted around in his Christmas hat, the whole experience for me was priceless!!

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I was a little nervous about taking Rook to a mall for the Santa pic. He get SO excited about meeting new people and being in new places, he can act like a complete nut. And he did a bit... pulling on his harness and jumping up. I was a bit embarrassed because there was a young puppy in line behind us who was so well behaved and listened when told to sit and say, while Rook was bouncing all over the place ignoring me.

Maybe you can go right when the event starts, when it might be less hectic with less people. That is what I did with Rook, and there wasn't much of a crowd so we got in and out as quickly as possible.

But go with your gut, you know best what Finn can handle. :)

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Well, you guys all make it look so easy having your bullies posing w/Santa Claus. My plan is for this Sat, to first have both of them groomed and bathed, and then afterwards we'll give :christmas10: a visit at Pet Smart. I'll play it by ear and see how they react to their surroundings. I have a feeling it'll be pretty crowded 'cuz it's Santa's last wknd there.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Well, you guys all make it look so easy having your bullies posing w/Santa Claus. My plan is for this Sat, to first have both of them groomed and bathed, and then afterwards we'll give :christmas10: a visit at Pet Smart. I'll play it by ear and see how they react to their surroundings. I have a feeling it'll be pretty crowded 'cuz it's Santa's last wknd there.

I hope everything goes great and you get an awesome picture ... looking forward to seeing it!!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Aww, Henny, that sounds like a great plan. I hope Finn does well. He doesn't even need to sit on the seat with Santa, he can stay on the floor if he's more comfy there. Gluck!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Henny, he doesn't have to sit on santas lap. Lord knows there is no way Cutty would sit on his lap. Mugsy hated seeing Santa last year but we did it quick and there weren't a lot of people. Just go off his signals and see how he does. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online