mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Wow! You guys are great! To answer some of the questions: Bogey is 9 weeks. His poops are very formed, not hard, bit they were a little soft before I added the pumpkin. I would not say it is a large poop, just frequent! Also, not foul smelling either. So, I guess I just have a little poop machine! I laughed when someone posted a puppy schedule and said to crate them for 10 minutes after eating to let their tummy settle- yeah, that would NOT work with Bogey! He. Goes out immediately after eating and poops!! Thanks for all the input!
mary

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Wow! You guys are great! To answer some of the questions: Bogey is 9 weeks. His poops are very formed, not hard, bit they were a little soft before I added the pumpkin. I would not say it is a large poop, just frequent! Also, not foul smelling either. So, I guess I just have a little poop machine! I laughed when someone posted a puppy schedule and said to crate them for 10 minutes after eating to let their tummy settle- yeah, that would NOT work with Bogey! He. Goes out immediately after eating and poops!! Thanks for all the input!
mary

Ellie used to go do her business immediately after eating, but now, there's at least a 30 minute to an hour lull before she needs to go.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
These little bulldogs are poop factories! They will poop and poop and poop! I have learned just when you think you have their poop schedule figured out they throw in a curve ball! Good luck!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
after taking care of the puppies I was watching ... they are total poop machines!! I would feed them and they would all eat then poop take a nap eat poop & take a nap the first day or two then they would eat, poop, play & take a nap allllll day long! I had NO idea such a small little puppy could have that much poop! but like people have said as he gets older he will go less, mine normally only go twice a day about 30 to 45 minutes after they eat their meal.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
When Miss T was 9 weeks old she was a a tiny poop factory - pooped almost every time she went out. Now she is 11 months and it is pretty much 3 times a day unless she has an upset tummy. Then it could be 5 or 6 times but smaller. I have heard that the diet can determine the bulk and consistency of the poops. Some dogs on a BARF diet supposedly poop less and smaller. Not sure why. Never thought I would be so interested in and focused on poop !!:rolleyes:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
mary

Enjoy your little froggy poop machine and take tons of pictures and videos they grow up SOOOO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially in the first few months

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My guess is that now you are mixing in a high-quality dog food, that more waste is coming out. As you continue to do the transition, you will probably notice after it is all done at the amount of poop will reduce. Of course I higher-quality dog food does not need to be fed as much as a lower quality dog food does. Enjoy the poop machine while they're small!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.