I she does is sleep, sleep, sleep!!!

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I was doing the math and realized that my baby sleeps anywhere from 14-18 hours a day!!!! She can be very active when we take her out, she loves going for walks and the dog parks and she seems to be very energetic BUT at home she is a lazy lazy sleepy little baby!

She usually goes to bed when I go to bed, which is early (around 930p-10p) and I get her up to go potty and eat around 6am and she goes straight back to bed with my bf and sleeps until he puts her in her crate. If I am home she will play and take long naps during the day but if I am at work she will happily sleep in her crate until I get home around 430pm. Then she is awake and active till 930pm-10pm when do all over again!

If I take her to the dog park or any activity for more than 2 hours she acts like she ran a marathon!!!! She PASSES OUT for the next 12 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is all this sleeping normal? We dont have kids or other dogs so she has more of an adult routine but she is still a puppy and she is so chill!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Perfectly normal schedule for a bulldog..... their energy is in small / short burst -- the rest is couch/nap time

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Count yourself lucky! I would love it if Lola slept that much!

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
LOL, Xena wears out her older brothers and sisters at this point. She may take a couple of naps during the day but she is usually looking for someone to play with her :loco2:

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Matilda is the same way! If I don't force her out of bed in the morning, she'll sleep the whole day away!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
haha totally normal, Bacon played with a Boxer for 5 hours straight on Saturday and yesterday he was totally useless and I'm sure he will remain that way until at least tomorrow

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
@Baconator - exactly!!!! Like I said, they act like they walked the entire Sahara desert!!!!! A full day at the doggy day care (where Izzy does not stop for one second for 8 straight hours) will make her sleep for 24 hours! When she comes home she does not even care for dinner, she put herself in bed!!!

@hnhammond - im glad to know I am not the only one with a lazy sleepy puppy!

Okay, so I feel better now. @sweetpeasmom2008 I consider myself lucky, like I said, our home is more of a adult environment and Izzy fits right in, but I just wanted to make sure!!!! :D

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I always thought of it like this, it takes a lot of energy just to grow and our little bullie babies grow so fast!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.