Ellie got to see her "fur daddy" today

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Well the wife and I went to the in-laws for my father-in-law's birthday and we took Ellie with us. They live in the same community as the breeder that we got Ellie from, so while we were there, I emailed the breeder to see if she wanted to see Ellie while we were in the area. Within 10 minutes, she called with directions to her house (we met halfway to pick up Ellie). Come to find out, the breeder is only about half a mile from the in-laws and lives across the street from my wife's aunt.

We got there and chatted for about 15 minutes that included the breeder loving all over Ellie, holding a 12 week old little girl that was a ball of wrinkles, holding a couple of 1 week old pups, and letting Ellie and her "fur dad," Klesco, sniff each other. I'll go ahead and apologize for being a bad bully parent as I didn't take my phone, so no pics. :cursing: The first thing the breeder said was "Wow...She must be an athletic bulldog." My wife and I both nodded in agreement and explained how Ellie had been jumping the baby gate in the hallway and that her nose would get about 4 and a half feet when she would jump up. She said that Klesco was the same way when he was younger and had always been very athletic by bulldog standards. He's now 11 and still kicking!

The breeder commented on how small Ellie was size wise, but that she was a very "solid" 30lbs and will probably take after her fur mom and come in around 40-45lbs. Sadly, her fur mom, Mae Mae, wasn't on site. Mae Mae was recently retired at 4 years young and was re-homed with a friend of their family.

It was a nice little treat to add to an afternoon of Ellie stealing the bean bags while we tried to play cornhole. Needless to say, Ellie slept most of the way home and has been passed the heck out all night.

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
For the most part. She stood there and let him sniff her and she would sniff what she could reach by moving her head. She sniffed the 12 week old puppy and just kind of turned her head and walked off like she was saying "You are NOT coming home with us.....I've worked way to hard to train these 2 and you are NOT going to mess that up."

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
You're so lucky to have kept in touch with Ellie's breeder and vice versa. Truly shows that she cares for her bullies. :)

And next time take your camera, you should've known better. :nonono: :D

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
I know, I know. I'm a bad bully dad for not having a camera handy. But it was still a good time and Ellie had a very busy day. She slept like rock.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Goes to show the world real is small.... cool that you got to meet the Dady!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
How awesome!! Sadly, both Remi's 'rents are in NY, which is about a 3 hour drive from us. What a total treat for you though!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.