Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
Hi all,

I have a question.....

I've noticed Bruno is sticking his tongue out more than before. He's 2.5 years old now and I've noticed over the past 6 months or so that his tongue is sticking out more frequently.

Is this something that is inherent in bulldogs as they get older?

Thanks in advance.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
my female always sticks her tongue out but my little male doesn't do it at all ... its just a bulldog thing, one of the super cute bulldog things in my opinion LOL but seems they all do it

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Some will do it and some won't, the only time some of mine will, is when they sleep and its usually just the tip.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I have noticed as Molly has gotten older her Tongue sticks out a lot more than it used to! Many of the older bulldogs in rescue also have tongues that hang out to the side.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My Dozer sticks his tongue out all the time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 132

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Mila sticks her tongue out a lot. Especially when sleeping. She wakes up and walks around with it sticking out. She is getting pretty good at pulling it back in just before I pull it. Btw she has one of the biggest, longest bulldog tongues I have ever seen. I guess I need to start taking more pictures.

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Gunny started at about 5 months, but it is only the tip. It seems like the more pronounced the underbite is, the more tongue they show. :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Punkin's big tongue sticks out 99% of the time and everyone finds it adorable. Stiggy's tippy tongue only shows when he's sleepy from an exhausting day.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My bulldogs are about four years old. BabyGirl doesn't stick out her tongue at all and Mr. Wilson just the tip once in a while and when he smells BabyGirl in heat.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse always sticks his tongue out when he is asleep and when he wakes up he must forget it is still hanging out and the deeper the sleep the more it comes out.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Herman's sticks out mostly when he's sleeping, but only the tip. I have seen it poking out recently when we go outside. I love it when it's dried up after he's sleeping and I grab it and he cant feel it LOL

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Macks sticks out when he sleeps too, farther out the more tired he is. We always joke that it sticks out bc its too big for his smashed face, that it needs a snout to have anough room!

y2amare2.jpg

unysuhuj.jpg

a4y9y9u5.jpg

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My boy had his tongue out all the time and more so as he got older.... my girl... hardly ever has her tongue out at all

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.