Lola is really restless

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola has been acting weird for a couple weeks now and I cant figure it out. She walks around the house all day like she is looking for something and just walks and walks and walks and walks. She used to lya down in the evenings on the couch or on me and now she wont and it has gotten worse over the last 3 days. I cant get her to settle down, she doesnt act like she is in pain and she isnt licking or biting herself, no bald spots, and I thought it make have been her gearing up to go into heat but she has never started. Any ideas anyone? She is so tired at bed time from walking around non stop that she just crashes when I put her in the crate.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
how often does she go out for a walk, not a potty break, but an actual walk? mine do that if they have pent up energy and need to be taken for a nice long walk.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She could be getting ready to go into heat if she is at that age. Their hormones go crazy around that time.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I take her on walks every morning our first potty of the morning. She sniffs everything and acts like to is going to get into stuff but then is never really interested in anything.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I take her on walks every morning our first potty of the morning. She sniffs everything and acts like to is going to get into stuff but then is never really interested in anything.

A potty walk is different then a structured walk ... on a structured walk the goal is to keep their mind focused on following you and keeping your pace, not letting them sniff the ground and check things out, also a structured walk works their minds and their body because they have to remain focused on the walk not on the surroundings. Making their minds work drains a lot of energy because they are having to figure things out.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Ok i will try that! When we go on our walk first thing in the morning she pee's and then we walk around my apartment complex but i never have stopped her from smelling the ground but I keep her on a short leash so she has to stay on my side. I have a gated tennis court im wondering if I should take some balls in there and throw them around and let her run and get some energy out?

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Ok i will try that! When we go on our walk first thing in the morning she pee's and then we walk around my apartment complex but i never have stopped her from smelling the ground but I keep her on a short leash so she has to stay on my side. I have a gated tennis court im wondering if I should take some balls in there and throw them around and let her run and get some energy out?

try doing at least part of your walk as a structured walk and see how she does and I bet she would LOVE chasing balls in the tennis court and since its gated she could run wild and free ... sounds like a lot of fun to me!!!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Im going to try the tennis court tomorrow! I will post how it goes!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.