Need help finding a reputable breeder

jj989966

Dec 5, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum. I apologize...I'm sure this question is redundant. I've wanted a bulldog for YEARS! I'm finally at the point where it makes financial sense. After a few days of weeding out scams and jumping through hoops I'm already getting exhausted. Can someone help me out? I live in upstate NY.

Thanks!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi! We can't recommend specific breeders here on the forum...but members sure can send you any info they have here on the site by Private Message. In the meantime..we usually suggest you check with Bulldog Clubs Of America. They can and do recommend breeders that meet their requirements. Good Luck and can't wait to meet your new family member!

OP
J

jj989966

Dec 5, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Ok thanks! I'll check the bulldog club of america. Any pms are welcome!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ok thanks! I'll check the bulldog club of america. Any pms are welcome!

Are you willing to travel a bit to pick up a pup? We have members that have driven from Ohio and Colorado to Arizona and others that have gone to other states. Just put that info out too..so you aren't limited to upstate New York! :up:

OP
J

jj989966

Dec 5, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Sure I'll travel if need be. I don't know if I'm ready to go cross country. Preferably somewhere in the north east.

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
The AKC has a "Find a puppy" option under the Dog Owner's tab of their site where you can select the breed, your zip code and a certain distance to search for breeders. Local vet office's might be a good place to check also to see if they know of any breeders in your area. I would think the AKC and local vet's would be a reputable source to get leads or even find a breeder. Best of luck!

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The AKC has a "Find a puppy" option under the Dog Owner's tab of their site where you can select the breed, your zip code and a certain distance to search for breeders. Local vet office's might be a good place to check also to see if they know of any breeders in your area. I would think the AKC and local vet's would be a reputable source to get leads or even find a breeder. Best of luck!

Although on AKC anyone who has a registered litter can advertise, it does not mean they are reputable. Have you read our puppy buying tips?

Members online

No members online now.