cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
For the past 2-3 nights Finn has been waking up in the early hours of the morning, 1am, or today, at 4am, walking around the bed, sometimes getting off the bed, and acting like he's "worried" about something (to put it in human terms). He'll pace around, and then when i get up to see what's going on, he sort of acts a little clingy towards me. It would be so much easier if he could just tell me what's wrong but he can't in my language so i'm left to try to figure it out.

The only thing different with him physically is he's been licking his paws a little more. I did put him on a new food recently but he's usually pretty tolerant w/foods and hasn't shown signs of allergies or sensitivities in the past.

Anyone else ever have similar scenario w/their bulldog getting up at night?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Boogie men!!!!

What about taking a step back and go back to the last food he was ok with and see if it makes a difference... acid indigestion or something like that??

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry, Henny, that's a new one for me. Could he be hearing something outside?

he is definitely more sensitive to noise than even Tate but i don't think that's it b/c he would usually bark if that happened. I'm even wondering if he sees something i can't see, like a spirit or ghost. I have been watching reruns of American Horror Story online so that's probably why i'm thinking like this tho :scared:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Boogie men!!!!

What about taking a step back and go back to the last food he was ok with and see if it makes a difference... acid indigestion or something like that??

interestingly, he has been belching more. I may have to do that. and i hope it's not boogie men!!

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
he is definitely more sensitive to noise than even Tate but i don't think that's it b/c he would usually bark if that happened. I'm even wondering if he sees something i can't see, like a spirit or ghost. I have been watching reruns of American Horror Story online so that's probably why i'm thinking like this tho :scared:

I wonder this sometimes too! Winston will be laying down so peacefully and all of a sudden get up and stare at this one spot near my window and start barking and going crazy! After he falls asleep I am up for the rest of the night wondering what he saw that I cant! :blink:

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
If switching back to the other food doesn't help.... Stop making him watch scary stuff :scared:

Maybe he is getting excited for someone showing up soon? :christmas10:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION], i've often thought of this since my house is very old and has seen a number of inhabitants. I doubt there will be anything Ghost Adventures-worthy there tho. But even if there was a ghost walking around wouldn't Tate also sense it? or maybe it's just indigestion like Bruce mentioned.

Sep 20, 2012
Los Angeles, California, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BUDDHA JANAVARA (AWAKEN THE BEAST)
buddha use to do that he would wake up in the middle of the night sit on my face and do the impossible to wake me up only to get of off bed to growl at the door until i would eventually get up and show him that there was nothing outside. he eventually got over it. theres still times when he does it and starts barking at the walls :eek: maybe its is a ghost or maybe he just doesnt like the paint of the wall lol

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank does this often and it is the cause of many nights of bad sleep. I joke that he sees the spirits of dead squirrels outside, but really I have no idea. I might have to look into the indigestion suggestion and maybe try that. Often I move into the living room and sleep on our beanbag bed because for some reason, Frank usually sleeps fine if I am in there.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I not sure about this, but it could be the new food not agreeing with him, or maybe he's having nightmares and needs Mommy to snuggle him. Try going back to the old food, and see if it changes. Good luck hope you figure out what making him wake up.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.