Need advice

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
The little monster is just playing. Tilly was the same way. You'll get through it! What worked for us was spraying water (which I HATED to do, but it was a last resort). The trick is you spray him when he's not looking (bc he's attacking you!) and never let him see the bottle. He'll think it's some magical thing that happens when he bites and he shouldn't do it anymore. We also would put Tilly in "time out" in the bathroom for one minute EVERY time she bit. Eventually she knew she'd get in trouble if she bit (so she'd bite and then run away... hahahaha). The best thing you can do is try to distract him until he's over this phase. I found that marrow bones are AMAZING! He'll be occupied for hours. Also, we got a baby gate, and would play through the gate... like, dangle a rope toy in, but our feet and body parts were safely on the other side! Also, a TIRED puppy is a good puppy. Keep him tired. Walks, playing with other dogs, etc are the BEST ways to keep him from having the energy to be so rough.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Wow, thank you everyone for the advice. This forum is really great. And for those of you looking for pics of Luca, I finally figured out how to put them up. Working off an iPhone is a pain in the butt. Can't post here but got a few on my page.

I just noticed one of your pictures with your puppy eating a bully stick. Please read posts on this forum about the danger of this thing. [MENTION=6280]ModernFemme[/MENTION] had a recent post on this where her puppy swallow almost the entire thing.... Apparently it is not good for our babies.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I also did all the things that people said above, with my 2, with the coins, but I also took the loose skin at the back of the neck, when they would bite, I would grab their skin and gently tug and say no, or you can hold the mouth closed with your hand cupped around the mouth, and firmly say no. I also handled my bullies ears, and placed my side of my hand into their mouth so they would learn not to bite, as well as took their food away when they were eating , because I have 6 kids in my family under the age of 5, and I didn't want the pups biting the kids. They stopped nipping by the time they were about 5 months old, and now a firm no, usually stops them, now they jump up and want to kiss or lick you, and sometimes they are pretty strong and it can hurt, so you just have to watch your face when they jump up. I still use the coins in a jar, when they are playing too rough with each other, because they sometimes bite each other too hard, and can get pretty rough. I shake the pennies and they stop immediately. Good luck , they do outgrow it.

M

mabel lou

He sounds adorable lol and yes just like a puppy who is very playful and just wants to have someone to play with. So maybe when he has a ton of energy maybe you could take him for a walk to get some of that energy or go throw a ball so he can chase it but something that may tire him out some. But he really does sound like a normal 13wk old puppy. They are loads of fun and tire easily if they have been able to release some of the energy built up. Looking forward to putting a face to this cute little puppy of yours. Imagine what it must feel like to be this little puppy and to have someone who really loves you lol I bet he is so excited.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.