Bongo is a big scardy cat how about yours?

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi all,

Bongo is almost 11months old and he's got a lot of crazy OCD behaviours. Like he sneaks up to his water bowl really low so he doesn't see his reflection cause if he does he starts barking at it. We've just move and he doesn't like the ceramics tile on th kitchen floor. He won't enter the kitchen from the dinning room but will enter it from the other hallway entrance.
These are just a few of his crazy little traits there awesome and all the reason why I love him. Do you have the same things?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
thanks,
Frank, Bongo & Louie

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
LOL... Yes. My (limited) experience with bulldogs suggest they are like this... Not the impression I got from watching Tom and Jerry cartoons. :p

Chance runs away whenever I take tin foil out to cook, barks at newspapers or errant balloons blowing in the street and growls at the refrigerator when the coolant is dripping (and he can hear it). I think his most ridiculous "event" was when he (after being told to "leave it") tipped over a box of 12 cans of Coke. The cans started to roll out toward him... and thus began World War III. It took him about six months to be okay with a box of Coke in the house again. (Thankfully, we don't often have it around.)

The idea of Bongo sneaking up on his own water bowl amuses me greatly, I don't mind telling ya. :p

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
LOL@ Bongo and his water bowl. That's the BEST one I've heard so far -- bar none -- when talking about OCD EB Behaviors! Hysterical!

Mine react to things that -- around here --- is considered pretty normal. I really can't think of one "odd" one.... you know, the neighbor's patio umbrella is evil and will swoop down to eat dogs, the garbage truck is SATAN and must be reacted to as such, leaves blowing in the wind are prey and must be attacked and eaten....you know, normal stuff.....

I think my favorite "thing" with them has been their profound respect for simple "baby gates". I can tip one up against anything and they will NOT touch or pass it REGARDLESS. I didn't realize HOW ingrained this was in them until this last Sunday. Grandma had a few of her gal pals over for tea and, fearing a broken hip on any/all of them, I kept Bo and Bea corralled in my bedroom. Each of the ladies came back to say hello to the dogs --- and they sat on the other side of that baby gate (just leaned up against the wall), statue still while they got pats on the head and baby talk. Unbelievable. Bo is a HORRIBLE jumper (a situation that I alone created, thankyouverymuch) and he was an ANGEL BOY for the ladies. I almost friggin FAINTED seeing this......

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Punk thinks she is brave, but she will run in a heartbeat if you pretend you are going to get her. Now my son will stand there and look at her and I tell her to "get him", then she will stick her butt in the air and growl-bark at him - all the time with her little butt just a wiggling. . . lol Now she will attack my hair dryer and my vacuum cleaner -

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
You name it, HRH is afraid of it!!! and she is a puppy of 6 years old..!!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
yes;anytime something changes we go through OCD situations for a little while until Amber gets used to it. The Christmas tree is causing us loss of sleep; she doesn't understand it and doesn't want it in the house. We have heard growls, she has attached it, tried to tear it up, and hates the lights on at night. We just put it up and hopefully she will get use to it this week so we can put the decorations on it. She isn't cool with the lights so far but we are hopeful things will get better. She doesn't like new things unless it involves food. lol

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubie is scared easily. She thinks my mini holiday bulldog statues/figurines are real dogs. She barks at the Christmas tree when it "moves". She is scared of boxes, trash bags... she barked at her new steps when we brought them home. Basically, if its new in her territory or it moves when it doesn't usually, she has an Aubie meltdown. She has actually been a lot better lately than usual, but I'm sure it won't last!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake has a constant..EVERY night Bully terror experience. Every..single night when we go to bed, he follows and lays in his bed at the foot of ours. But..before he reaches the safety of that bed, he MUST venture past the...WAIT FOR IT...:nervous: BROOM!!!! He goes slow and low..all the while staring out the side of his eyes. Looking at it is out of the question. :nope: "IT" ...THAT MUST BE FEARED cannot be looked at directly! :nonono: Just as he reaches this dangerous object of terror...He tucks in his rear and races past it. Sometimes he makes it through our bedroom door still standing on his 4 feet, but often, SADLY, too often, he loses it and slides in on his side. Then it's a race to that safe bed..and a huge sigh of relief. There have been a couple nights when for some reason, he lagged behind or decided the sofa was wayyyy to comfy. He then of course, was on his own for that treacherous journey by the straw :evil: ...:eek: Problem is..he WON"T pass it and can be found on the rug just before the place "where evil lurks". Poor Jake....poor poor Jake.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
all the posts make me think back to my first bulldog, she did not like change or anything out of its place ... if something did change or move she would stand there staring at it grumbling and doing her "bulldog talk" then look at me and grumble and talk, I could distract her with toys or something like that and she would be fine until she got a look at it again LOL she was super silly about stuff like that! Diesel & Molly not so much, as long as I let them sniff it and look at it they pretty much don't care.

M

mabel lou

How funny reading all the comments lol. My girl Thelma has issues with umbrellas and I have no clue but she will go outside in the rain and literally run away from me if I have it and she looks at it because I am not going to get wet and she darts the other way. She seriously is a trip when it comes to this. Now Mabel does not like the leaf blower and will not come onto the yard when I am mowing the grass or blowing the leafs. I tell her it's ok and she is more comfortable on the patio as long as I am not close to it. Thelma hears a noise of any kind similar to a knock at the door and she thinks it is someone at the door and immediately runs barking to the door and of course Mabel follows doing the same thing. The other thing that Thelma will not do and has never done yet is allow me to put her on my bed. She will go into my room and even walk along the side of the bed but absolutely no way no how will she allow me to pick her up and put her on the bed. She runs like she is in the races when she realizes what I am trying to do. Craziest dogs ever but totally perfect for my life.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Miss Tallulah (11 months) has just become very cautious of everything. I can't hang a towel from the stove or she will bark at it non stop and work herself into a frenzy. She growls at her reflection in the stainless steel fridge, stove and the dishwasher. She is sure the barbecue on the deck is evil incarnate and gives it a quick nervous glance whenever she goes by. If I introduce her to the object she is upset with, she will cautiously approach and sniff as long as I stay with her. Then she is usually OK but remains a bit cautious. Anything new causes her non stop growling or indignant bully snorting. I often wonder how she experiences the world. Fortunately she loves dogs, cats, weasels, ferrets, deer, chipmunks, children and adults and is fearless. She is all about going up to them for lovins.

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Tess is a big scardy cat to and she will bark like she might do something but she won't 😁

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DukeDutchess

Sep 15, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke Big Boss Cowboy
JAKEISGREAT--the broom story is hi-lar-ri-ous!!! Duke is also a chicken about certain things--the iron board is one thing for sure that brings total terror. And here lately, it is the Christmas cards standing up on the kitchen bar. They totally freak him out! He sits stares, growls, and slowly backs away never taking his eyes off the cards. I finally moved them to preserve his sanity.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online