Walter wants to play, Trudi not so much

Walter323

Jun 11, 2012
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Walter is 8 months old and a very playful puppy. Trudi (my sisters 4 year old basset hound) is sort of past her playful stage. When the family gets together for holidays it is absolute chaos. Walter tries to play, Trudi howls like a hound, kids start bawling because of the barking and so on.
Walter isn't trying to attack her or anything, just curious.

Any suggestions to help them get along?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 147

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
first off, Walter is a handsome boy!! now on to the controlling of the chaos ... if it were me, I would keep Walter on a leash and right with you until the excitement has worn off and he gets all settled down, with big crowds and other pets the vibe in the room is total excitement which he feeds off of so it would be easiest on him to be kept on a lead so he knows what is expected, when the excitement dies down give him the opportunity to be off lead, if he does good let him have his freedom if he goes crazy just put him back on his lead so you can regain the control.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I would make sure to exercise him before he meets with Trudi again or your guests arrive. Just take him for a long walk in the morning to burn some energy off and he should be fine ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am with the thought of getting some of his energy worked off with a nice long walk or playtime before you leave home. Also, it is great advice to enter and leave him on lead till he settles in to the chaos.

good luck.... he is still very much a puppy

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.