Question Abaout Stairs and Pups......

matzwd

Nov 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Aunt Clara
Oh my gosh!! He's so so cute! What a sweet little puddle of bully!!!

Sent via Tapatalk on my S3

sailnbyu

Feb 2, 2012
Texas & Caribbean
Bulldog(s) Names
margo
stairs are not good for bullies of any age, but if you only have a couple I'd push for that spot. I have a 12 year old female and I had no idea stairs would be so hard on her joints when she was young. By the time she was 2 years old she had begun to develop major joint issues due to going up and down the stairs of our 2 story house. From that point on... like a crazy woman, I carried her. Needless to say, I have a very strong back and bad knees after 10 years of this! Many bulldog parents just put a gate up and only allow their babies to live on one floor. Never had problems with hardwood floors though.
Good luck on your journey of being a bulldog MOM, its the most rewarding puppy trip we have ever had! Once you go bulldog, no other will ever be enough!

OP
E

Eatapeach1965

Nov 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
We can't wait!!!! The 19th is sooooo far away!!
Oh, I'm the Bully DAD... ; )

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
We have a staircase leading up to the 2nd floor. Remi was too scared to use them at first. Then he surprised us one day, started to climb them, and fell through the open stairs to the hardwood floor below!!! I was terrified, but he only fell from the 4th step, so it was no big deal.

Going up was easy, going down was another story for him. He still gets nervous sometimes going down foreign steps. (now 5 months)

When I was at the local pet supply store, the trainer there did mention I shouldn't let him climb the stairs due to his joints forming. Honestly, I let Remi set his own pace. I was relieved when I no longer had to carry a 20-25 pound puppy up and down a flight of stairs for every potty break.

Btw, I just have to say, Angus might be the prettiest pup I've ever laid eyes on. What a knockout!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.