Otis is one happy boy today

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Yes he will and the timing is perfect! I was going to stop fostering for a little while, I didn't think my heart could take caring for another bully then watching it leave. But then I remembered that I started fostering because of Abby and it wouldn't be right if I stopped. So on Wednesday I am getting another foster in :)

Oh that's great to hear!!! Well Otis move over LOL Hopefully he wont have to share his other goodies though :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes he will and the timing is perfect! I was going to stop fostering for a little while, I didn't think my heart could take caring for another bully then watching it leave. But then I remembered that I started fostering because of Abby and it wouldn't be right if I stopped. So on Wednesday I am getting another foster in :)

YO!!! details woman!!!????????????

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Wow, really!? Boy or girl? How old? Do you have pics? What's his or her name? Do tell!

YO!!! details woman!!!????????????

His name is Elvis. He is 3 and a half years old. They lost most of what they had during hurricane Sandy. Now the vet tells them that Elvis needs to have his tail pocket removed. They can't afford to rebuild their lives and pay for his surgery. Because of all the new expenses Elvis's mom is being forced to go back to work full-time so they not only have the money to care for him, but they also have a 1 year old child so they don't have the time he needs either.

I've spoken to the woman a couple of times already, this is breaking her heart but she is doing what she feels is best for him. This is one of those rare, honest surrenders. She was very upfront with his needs and her reasons for doing this. From all that I have found out, he is a very sweet boy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
His name is Elvis. He is 3 and a half years old. They lost most of what they had during hurricane Sandy. Now the vet tells them that Elvis needs to have his tail pocket removed. They can't afford to rebuild their lives and pay for his surgery. Because of all the new expenses Elvis's mom is being forced to go back to work full-time so they not only have the money to care for him, but they also have a 1 year old child so they don't have the time he needs either.

I've spoken to the woman a couple of times already, this is breaking her heart but she is doing what she feels is best for him. This is one of those rare, honest surrenders. She was very upfront with his needs and her reasons for doing this. From all that I have found out, he is a very sweet boy.

DAMN... that is heart breaking, but at least she found rescue and did not have to leave him at a shelter. BLESS you Bev and share pictures when you get him

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH and I got a package in the mail today from [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]!

Others are going to benefit from the fleece fabric Bev sent to make some special fleeces, as a way to say thank you and pay it forward for the help with Abby's medical bills from the special auctions a couple months ago.

Here's a short video of HRH enjoying her gift I couldn't get the camera started fast enough to get the opening of the gift.

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
HRH and I got a package in the mail today from [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]!

Others are going to benefit from the fleece fabric Bev sent to make some special fleeces, as a way to say thank you and pay it forward for the help with Abby's medical bills from the special auctions a couple months ago.

Here's a short video of HRH enjoying her gift I couldn't get the camera started fast enough to get the opening of the gift.

I'm so glad it got there! I know it wasn't much but I hope that it was enough to do something wonderful with. I don't know how to sew so I had to guess. I'm glad Gracie loved her bottle pig too. When I picked it up in the store I remembered the video of Bruce playing with her and an empty bottle :)

Merry Christmas Princess Gracie!

Last edited:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
That is so awesome , special gifts for special Otis, and a very special lady who loved an even more special little girl named Abby, who is and was an Angel , she touched a lot of people, and and left her paw print on all of our hearts. You deserve these presents, so enjoy, thinking of you, knowing that your missing your little girl and a big piece of your heart, and glad that you have Otis to fill that void with lots of bully love. Hope you have a great Christmas filled with love and peace

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
omg bev this is so awsome. i saw this thread at work but well just peeked at it a bit so i couldnt wait to get home to read it all. im so happy that your stuff arrived altogether and that your still going to foster. your one awsome lady and otis n fosters are lucky to :2thumbs:

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
You are so deserving of this and more. I feel lucky to be a part of such a supportive and loving community. Adored the pics of Otis in his new bed and look forward to seeing some of Elvis once he settles in. After all he has been through he will soon be one very happy Bully to be with your pack and have you looking out for his best interests. And bless you for your generous and loving heart.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Aaawww .. look at Otis lying on his new bed ......... BEFORE it's even been put together!!! :ROFL:

I'm so glad that you got a day of endless gifts!!! And I'm so happy that you have opened your heart to another foster bully. Elvis is one very lucky bully!!

You were amazing, you are amazing, and you will ALWAYS be amazing!! :luv:

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
My Otis has the same bed, doesn't love it quite as much. I'm so happy you had a day filled with so much kindness and love.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I wanted to remind all who donated for our annual Hospice Christmas gifts fundraiser, that the bed and stocking were a part of that fundraiser.

Abby was one of our hospice bullies on EBN. So thank you to all who donated and helped bring a smile to Bev in the most heartbreaking time of her life. xxoo

Our other hospice bullies should also be getting their gifts soon!! (Max, Mr. Burger and Hilly!)

Members online

No members online now.