Otis is one happy boy today

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I don't even know if I can find the words to do this right.

This morning the FedEx guy rings my doorbell. (kinda cute FedEx guy too... bonus thanks!). He delivers a box addressed "for Otis and all your future fosters. RIP Abby" The note reads "Merry Christmas from those who love you at English Bulldog News! We are so thankful to be a part of your life xx" Inside is this...

We had a little bit of trouble setting it up. He loved it right out of the box :)

20121203_153918.jpg

Once we got it together he loved it even more

20121203_155638.jpg

@desertskybulldogs THANK YOU!! A bed he can't destroy? Maybe I can finally have more than 2 inches of bed to myself?

Then!! I'm coming home from Target and there is a box on the porch addressed to my buddy O.

Inside is all of this...

20121203_155107.jpg

20121203_155123.jpg

AND THEN!! as if my day couldn't get any more amazing!

I open the mail and get this

20121203_155137.jpg

20121203_155203.jpg

Who knew pet insurance companies sent out cards? Suddenly I don't feel like just another policy number to Trupanion.
As I type this, Otis is laying on his new bed with his new blanket chewing on his Bumble :rofl:
20121203_1627211.jpg

(no, this wasn't staged... he doesn't listen well enough to pose pretty for me)

The other day I got a card from @Vicaroo1000. I also got a signed copy of Bill at Rainbow Bridge. And I'm told that I have another surprise for my Abby coming my way.

I am speechless. I can't believe that I am so blessed to have you all in my life, to have had all of you to share my sweetie heads life with, to have had your shoulders to cry on and your strength and prayers to hold me up when everything around me was crashing. From almost losing my daughter-in-law, to losing my job, to losing Abby. I can honestly say that I don't think I would have made it without the kindness and support that i have gotten from all of you. These gifts mean more to me than any of you will ever know and Otis? WELL!! Otis is the happiest guy in town today :)

I love you guys but Lisa, you're wrong. I am the lucky one around here. Thank you :muah2:

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How AWESOME that everything arrived together! So wonderful.... enjoy Otis, Abby would have it no other way!

:hug: Bev...... love you too

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..no one deserves a little bit of sunshine more than you Bev. I bet if you follow that ray of sunshine, it is coming from a Beautiful Rainbow Bridge. Playing on that Bridge is a very very special girl. We called her Abby...her friends call her "in charge". We love you Bev and Abby too! :hug:

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Wow :') that made me cry I just started reading about Abby and all I have to say is you are an amazing women and the people here are amazing as well!!! I saw a wall hanging last week n it made me think of u it said "anyone can be a mom but it takes someone special to be a bully mom" n of course it had a bulldog on it :D amazing gifts n let us know what else u get :)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Bev, I missed the news of Abby passing. I am so sorry, rest in peace, dear Abby. Abby and you really fought a good fight. I am so glad that you have Otis to love on and help you through this.

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
This is such a beautiful gesture! I'm so sorry for your loss. Selfishly, I sometimes can't bear to read about these serious health issues and sudden losses, and it makes me cry, but I know we all have very important jobs to do as bully parents, and I admire your strength and patience and wisdom.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So glad to hear the gifts arrived and on the same day! Thank you for sharing those darling photos of Otis too :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh goodness, what were the odds of getting everything together! So glad Otis loved them. Love ya Bev!

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I'm happy Otis enjoyed all the gifts!! Im' guessing he wont let the fosters use the bed - so go ahead and call it Otis's New Bed LOL That's so cool everything arrived the same day!! This is definitely a day to remember!!

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
EBN is amazing yet again! I remember when Aubrey passed and I kept receiving things in the mail. I was shocked and amazed at the love in this place. Otis is happy, but not just because he's got new stuff... but because he has such a wonderful mom in his life!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
this post really warmed my heart, sending hugs your way!

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Im' guessing he wont let the fosters use the bed

Yes he will and the timing is perfect! I was going to stop fostering for a little while, I didn't think my heart could take caring for another bully then watching it leave. But then I remembered that I started fostering because of Abby and it wouldn't be right if I stopped. So on Wednesday I am getting another foster in :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Yes he will and the timing is perfect! I was going to stop fostering for a little while, I didn't think my heart could take caring for another bully then watching it leave. But then I remembered that I started fostering because of Abby and it wouldn't be right if I stopped. So on Wednesday I am getting another foster in :)

Wow, really!? Boy or girl? How old? Do you have pics? What's his or her name? Do tell!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.