Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 31

Thread: Otis is one happy boy today

  1. #13
    Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bulldogs4me's Avatar
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,928
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    17
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Otis is one happy boy today

    this post really warmed my heart, sending hugs your way!
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

  2. #14
    My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Twice's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bev
    Location
    Woodbridge Township, NJ
    Posts
    2,711
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Otis is one happy boy today

    Quote Originally Posted by elearn View Post
    Im' guessing he wont let the fosters use the bed
    Yes he will and the timing is perfect! I was going to stop fostering for a little while, I didn't think my heart could take caring for another bully then watching it leave. But then I remembered that I started fostering because of Abby and it wouldn't be right if I stopped. So on Wednesday I am getting another foster in

    For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012


    Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

  3. #15
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    savemejeebus's Avatar
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    6,208
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    230
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Otis is one happy boy today

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    Yes he will and the timing is perfect! I was going to stop fostering for a little while, I didn't think my heart could take caring for another bully then watching it leave. But then I remembered that I started fostering because of Abby and it wouldn't be right if I stopped. So on Wednesday I am getting another foster in
    Wow, really!? Boy or girl? How old? Do you have pics? What's his or her name? Do tell!
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

  4. #16
    Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    elearn's Avatar
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    1,209
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Otis is one happy boy today

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    Yes he will and the timing is perfect! I was going to stop fostering for a little while, I didn't think my heart could take caring for another bully then watching it leave. But then I remembered that I started fostering because of Abby and it wouldn't be right if I stopped. So on Wednesday I am getting another foster in

    Oh that's great to hear!!! Well Otis move over LOL Hopefully he wont have to share his other goodies though

  5. #17
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11533

    Default Re: Otis is one happy boy today

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    Yes he will and the timing is perfect! I was going to stop fostering for a little while, I didn't think my heart could take caring for another bully then watching it leave. But then I remembered that I started fostering because of Abby and it wouldn't be right if I stopped. So on Wednesday I am getting another foster in
    YO!!! details woman!!!????????????
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  6. #18
    My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Twice's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bev
    Location
    Woodbridge Township, NJ
    Posts
    2,711
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Otis is one happy boy today

    Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    Wow, really!? Boy or girl? How old? Do you have pics? What's his or her name? Do tell!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    YO!!! details woman!!!????????????
    His name is Elvis. He is 3 and a half years old. They lost most of what they had during hurricane Sandy. Now the vet tells them that Elvis needs to have his tail pocket removed. They can't afford to rebuild their lives and pay for his surgery. Because of all the new expenses Elvis's mom is being forced to go back to work full-time so they not only have the money to care for him, but they also have a 1 year old child so they don't have the time he needs either.

    I've spoken to the woman a couple of times already, this is breaking her heart but she is doing what she feels is best for him. This is one of those rare, honest surrenders. She was very upfront with his needs and her reasons for doing this. From all that I have found out, he is a very sweet boy.

    For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012


    Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

  7. #19
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11533

    Default Re: Otis is one happy boy today

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice View Post
    His name is Elvis. He is 3 and a half years old. They lost most of what they had during hurricane Sandy. Now the vet tells them that Elvis needs to have his tail pocket removed. They can't afford to rebuild their lives and pay for his surgery. Because of all the new expenses Elvis's mom is being forced to go back to work full-time so they not only have the money to care for him, but they also have a 1 year old child so they don't have the time he needs either.

    I've spoken to the woman a couple of times already, this is breaking her heart but she is doing what she feels is best for him. This is one of those rare, honest surrenders. She was very upfront with his needs and her reasons for doing this. From all that I have found out, he is a very sweet boy.
    DAMN... that is heart breaking, but at least she found rescue and did not have to leave him at a shelter. BLESS you Bev and share pictures when you get him
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  8. #20
    ..........
    Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    8,495
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Otis is one happy boy today

    HRH and I got a package in the mail today from @Twice!

    Others are going to benefit from the fleece fabric Bev sent to make some special fleeces, as a way to say thank you and pay it forward for the help with Abby's medical bills from the special auctions a couple months ago.

    Here's a short video of HRH enjoying her gift I couldn't get the camera started fast enough to get the opening of the gift.

  9. #21
    My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Twice's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bev
    Location
    Woodbridge Township, NJ
    Posts
    2,711
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Otis is one happy boy today

    Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    HRH and I got a package in the mail today from @Twice!

    Others are going to benefit from the fleece fabric Bev sent to make some special fleeces, as a way to say thank you and pay it forward for the help with Abby's medical bills from the special auctions a couple months ago.

    Here's a short video of HRH enjoying her gift I couldn't get the camera started fast enough to get the opening of the gift.

    I'm so glad it got there! I know it wasn't much but I hope that it was enough to do something wonderful with. I don't know how to sew so I had to guess. I'm glad Gracie loved her bottle pig too. When I picked it up in the store I remembered the video of Bruce playing with her and an empty bottle

    Merry Christmas Princess Gracie!
    Last edited by Twice; 12-03-2012 at 07:40 PM.

    For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012


    Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

  10. #22
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,639
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2119

    Default Re: Otis is one happy boy today

    That is so awesome , special gifts for special Otis, and a very special lady who loved an even more special little girl named Abby, who is and was an Angel , she touched a lot of people, and and left her paw print on all of our hearts. You deserve these presents, so enjoy, thinking of you, knowing that your missing your little girl and a big piece of your heart, and glad that you have Otis to fill that void with lots of bully love. Hope you have a great Christmas filled with love and peace
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  11. #23
    ..........
    Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,010
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Otis is one happy boy today

    omg bev this is so awsome. i saw this thread at work but well just peeked at it a bit so i couldnt wait to get home to read it all. im so happy that your stuff arrived altogether and that your still going to foster. your one awsome lady and otis n fosters are lucky to

  12. #24
    Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member DesertBum's Avatar
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    233
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Xena
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Otis is one happy boy today

    I thought the new bed was for you so Otis wouldn't get so crowded?
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out the car window

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •