Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
When you aren't home, do you crate your bully, or are they confined to a room with a baby gate , or do they have full free roam of the house when alone. Do you use a dog walker, or a doggie day care when you are at work?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks has free roam of the house, but Cheli has to be crated as he is still not trust worthy.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
They are behnid a gate giving them the dining room and kitchen. They have a doggie door to the back yard from the kitchen so they take themselves out when they choose. The back yard can't be seen from the street although Zeva (Frenchie) likes to stick her little head between the deck siding slots and she can be seen down the driveway when doing that.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Usko is free to roam the house. He is not supposed to go to the bedroom, but know that he has been there when we haven't been home. I found a suspicious drop on the floor...

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Winston is crated! We tried to give him free roam of just one room and he did great for a while until he got into the air conditioner wires!! :nope:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I crate mine, Diesel is 100% trustworthy but I don't feel it's fair to leave him out while Molly is crated so just to make life easy I crate everyone

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Ellie gets crated. We may try letting her roam free in a couple areas once she gets older when we have a quick trip (30 minutes or so) into town or something, but we've never had luck letting previous pups run loose.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Remy gets crated because he can't be trusted not to eat things ie: remotes (three so far), ear buds (too many to recall), and the latest one my camera. Oliver and Sebastian can have free rein. We put all three dogs in my room yesterday while we were fostering a girl who doesn't like other dogs for a couple of hours to give her some time out of the crate and Remy was eating paper in my room. He's also chewed on my bed, a chair rung, wall, kitchen cabinet, and the baseboard but all those things were done when he first came to live with us and he was under 6 months, so I don't really count those things. Everything else has been since he's turned 1 or close to being 1

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Meekos allowed the run of the house until he breaks our trust lol hoping that wont happen tho hes 5months and since we had him he has been good as gold x

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
Xena is crated because she is too little to run with the big dogs right now. She can hold her own when playing with them with adult supervision, but I'd be worried that something may get too rough and I wouldn't be there to stop it. Also she has taken a liking to trying to eat the coffee table while I'm even watching her. I know the older dogs would eat the table and then just blame it on her

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Tonka is gated in the kitchen when we aren't home. He has his toys, kennel, and water in there with him too. He can't be trusted to roam free...he eats/chews too much. I might look into doggy daycare a couple times a week for him except I know the ones by us will crate the dogs for a while as a "calm down" or nap time type of time to force them to relax a bit and I don't know how Tonka would handle that. He has never been put in a crate with the door shut behind him...only allowed to come and go as he pleases in and out of it and I don't want him to freak out being enclosed.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber has run of the first of the house. We have a gate up in the hallway so she can not get into the bedrooms when we are not at home. She gets into trouble and likes to tear things up, especially Kristanas stuffed animals. lol. Kristana isn't fond of drooled out stuffed animals on her bed. Most of the time she just lays on the sofa with her toys until someone comes home for lunch to let her out. We take turns going home for lunch and taking her out.

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Matilda is crated when we're gone. She loves her crate and I'm home every couple hours, so it hasn't been an issue. She's also in service dog training, so I do get to bring her a lot of places as well. I'm hoping that by the time she's around 7 months old (she's 5 months now) she'll be done teething and will be responsible enough to roam around the house freely.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.