Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When you aren't home

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: When you aren't home

Tonka is gated in the kitchen when we aren't home. He has his toys, kennel, and water in there with him too. He can't be trusted to roam free...he eats/chews too much. I might look into doggy daycare a couple times a week for him except I know the ones by us will crate the dogs for a while as a "calm down" or nap time type of time to force them to relax a bit and I don't know how Tonka would handle that. He has never been put in a crate with the door shut behind him...only allowed to come and go as he pleases in and out of it and I don't want him to freak out being enclosed.

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Amber has run of the first of the house. We have a gate up in the hallway so she can not get into the bedrooms when we are not at home. She gets into trouble and likes to tear things up, especially Kristanas stuffed animals. lol. Kristana isn't fond of drooled out stuffed animals on her bed. Most of the time she just lays on the sofa with her toys until someone comes home for lunch to let her out. We take turns going home for lunch and taking her out.

Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

Matilda is crated when we're gone. She loves her crate and I'm home every couple hours, so it hasn't been an issue. She's also in service dog training, so I do get to bring her a lot of places as well. I'm hoping that by the time she's around 7 months old (she's 5 months now) she'll be done teething and will be responsible enough to roam around the house freely.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guinness
    Likes (Received)

We will crate Guinness during the work day but when we go out for a few hours we will leave him gates in the living room. He can't have free roam due to cats having a strong dislike for señor chubby

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Frank gets confined to the kitchen with his water bowl. He gets anxious when we are gone and will chew on things he isn't supposed to. He has a bed in there and will just snooze away the whole time.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

sarah gets free rein of the house. we tried blocking off the kitchen when she was getting into the computer wires and pp on my carpet by the door but she would tear through anything i put up. i even put up a wood board across the door way and she went through that with a couch behind it. lol she is one determined dog so i fixed it so she cant get behind the puter and now well she hasnt bothered anything in a very long time.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Vegas gets free roam, he is 3.5 by the time I go to work he is on the love-seat. and when I get home still in the same spot.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

Rudy and Mila get booted into the backyard. Mila is still a "Jaws on Paws" so they can't be left alone for long in the house. They do have access to an area in the garage with a heated floor since bulldogs are wooses when it comes to rain and cold. Two very spoiled dogs. Backyard plants hate me for kicking them out.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Stoagie
    Likes (Received)

Stoagie is crated, he is no where near trust worthy yet, being only 6 months old. haha
    The two loves of my life fart and snore like crazy....what does that say about me??? ;D
    *Daniel.Sabina.Stoagie*

Alaskasmom1

I judge on a scale of 1 through "are you kidding me?" Tank is 3 and I just now let him off of the "are you kidding me" level. This means he sometimes can stay out of the crate when I'm gone on short trips to store.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Madison
    Likes (Received)

Maddie has free run of the house while we are gone. We tried baby gates to keep her in the kitchen but she just plowed them over. She has done very well with it so far. One of us comes home for lunch to let her out on work days. We do crate her at night otherwise she sits at our bedroom door and whines.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Al of my babies have free roam. But i stay at home so they aren't left for too long on an average day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads