Today is Ellie's 1st day at home all by herself

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
I had been going home at lunch everyday to let Ellie out, but now 7 months old, she gets to stay home all by herself. Hopefully we won't have a mess when we get home. The wife has already sent me a text saying that Ellie is probably at home crying because I didn't come home.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No... Ellie is sound asleep snoring away....

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
when I first left mine at home I worried the whole time, my son ended up checking in on his lunch break said he walked in got half an acknowledgment then they went right back to sleep LOL

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hope all goes well, and no surprises when you get home. Aww she's a big girl now. Is she crated when you are not home, or is she placed in one room, or is she have free roam of the house?

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Hope all goes well, and no surprises when you get home. Aww she's a big girl now. Is she crated when you are not home, or is she placed in one room, or is she have free roam of the house?

She's crated. She's discovered a Christmas decoration on the floor that has the best tasting fake berries ever! So, she doesn't get free roam yet.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Everything seems to taste good to our bully babies, socks, rocks, toys, sticks, paper, I swear they must think they are billy goats, lol. The crate is fine, she'll probably just sleep while you are out.

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Tell me about it. Ellie LOVES acorns and sticks for some reason. And socks...........definitely socks. In fact, I probably could have gotten off a whole lot cheaper for Christmas by buying her a pack of socks.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Tell me about it. Ellie LOVES acorns and sticks for some reason. And socks...........definitely socks. In fact, I probably could have gotten off a whole lot cheaper for Christmas by buying her a pack of socks.

Your wife is a meanie to say that. My guys do fine when home. BTW, you're just up US 27 a piece from me. I'm in Tallahassee.

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Your wife is a meanie to say that. My guys do fine when home. BTW, you're just up US 27 a piece from me. I'm in Tallahassee.

Yeah...nice little 6 hour drive, but not too bad. We're HUGE FSU fans and our goal in the next couple of years is to make it to Tallahassee for a game, so if we bring Ellie, I'll have to let you know.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
If you get down here and bring Elle she can visit with me while you're at the game. I don't live very far from the Stadium so it would be doable. If you're going to stay the night in town, there are a couple of good motels down the street from me too.

Just make sure it's not a game against Athens. that would not be a good week to bring a Bully. LOL

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I had to stop going home at lunch for Tonka at one point too since I switched jobs and was way across town and couldn't swing it anymore. I worried at first but it's true, they just sleep or find a toy to nibble on when bored. I have heard that dogs don't have a concept of time and that they aren't sitting there thinking you should have stopped home by any certain time. :) They are just happy to see us and wiggling their little butts like crazy when we get home!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber usually sleeps until we get home but we do have two cats and Search (the Maine Coon) thinks its a great idea to wait until she is fast asleep and go swat at her to wake her up. He learned that from her and she pins him down to wrestle. Sometimes when we open the door the race is on but not too often. The gate in the hallway always leaves Search an out when he gets tired of playing. Today will be the first day the are alone with the Christmas tree. We got a really tree this year. They seem to want to taste it and check it out so no decorations on it until they get used to it. Amber loves to chew on the firewood in the backyard; we have pieces of firewood all over the yard.

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
She was dry when the wife got home!!

Mrs. Spork did say that Ellie shot out of the crate and by the time she could turn around saw a bully butt hoping down the stairs.

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Here's to day 2 being a repeat of day 1 with no mess.

Members online

No members online now.