It's just a dog, get over it

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
very interesting -- thanks for sharing

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I feel sorry for those people, because they have never connected with or felt the unconditional love of an animal. They have never looked into up the eyes of a beloved pet, and know that they count on you for everything, and that they will love you no matter what. When I look into my bully babies eyes, I see the most beautiful faces, they make me smile everyday. My Dozer looks like a little old man, and my Blossom looks like a little old lady, with their sad droopy eyes. Their eyes tell me so much. The best is when they jump up on the couch and snuggle up against you, or when they jump up on your chest and slime you with wonderful bully kisses. I never had pets growing up because my Mom never wanted any. She is an Interior Decorater, and our home was always spic and span spotless, and like a showroom. She thinks dogs don't belong in the house and should be outside. I never understood that, a pet should be part of the family, and be treated as such, what is the point of having an animal and leaving it outside all alone?? I think that is the cruelest thing anyone can do to an animal other than beating or neglecting it . My mom would never do that, she does like animals , just notin her home. She doesn't like the shedding hair of an animal in the house. We have discussions about this all the time, she doesn't understand how I feel about my babies, or how I treat them like my Furbabies, she can't understand how I could spend so much money on, first buying them, vet bills, their food, their toys, and clothes, she thinks I'm crazy, but I don't care, I love my Bulldogs, they give me so much joy. I don't understand how one can live without the love of a pet in their lives. They are definetly missing out. I love my mom, but we don't agree on animals.

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
What an interesting article! I definitely feel I have a multi-species family. Matilda brightens my life just as any other member of family (and in a lot of ways, more so). If you're going to say "it's just a dog", why don't we also say, "it's just a child?" I mean, can't you just make a new one? :tongue:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Totally agree with you all. Ftse is just like my child but less cheek and his love is unconditional at all imes and I can not imagine life without him.

maggies mom

Aug 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
I have a few people like that , and I've been told when I have kids I won't care as much! How could I ever love my fur baby less my heart has plenty of room.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
My husband was one of those people before Cleo. Sure, he always let me have a dog and since I always tended to adopt a senior from the Humane Society I've been through 3 in our 11 years together and never fussed about any vet bills or special meds and whatnot I needed for them in their old age but he never bonded with them. He even offered to let me keep my mom's dog after she passed and he hated him. And I mean the dog hated my husban Bit him every chance he could. Then came Cleo and I already know that when her time comes, it will be best if I get him another ASAP to help him through it because he would be lost without his princess. I'm glad he's finally known the love a pet can bring.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Well, I don't know if I ever will when the time comes...

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
My boyfriend used to be like that until we had Aubrey. He'd had pets as a kid, but never really bonded with them. Aubrey was his baby though. He loved our girl so much and it devastated him when she was sick. When we had to send her to the bridge, he was a wreck. He was usually the strong one when things happened, but that time I had to be. We both still talk about her and miss her like crazy. Now he knows why I've always been attached to dogs in my life. It is nice to share that love of an animal with him. Now Aubie is his baby girl. He spoils her and won't admit that he helped pick out her winter hoodies and spoils her with toys and treats just as much as I do.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Those "it's just a dog" people? Yeah, um, you're not welcome in my house. Buh-BYE.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I like that policy!

I am still going to get you a picture of my neighbor's sign; you would LOVE it. I've never seen one like it and I cannot for the life of me remember the exact words. I will absolutely take my phone on our walk today for this purpose! You will friggin' love it, Bev.

P.S. Your holiday card is ADORABLE! :heart:

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
I could not imagine life without my babies. I know one day that I will have to hold them as they pass. People who do not love dogs cannot love totally.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.