Hachiko

maggies mom

Aug 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
Has anyone ever seen the movie Hachi with Richard Gere? I just watched it on Netflix, If you haven't the movie and the story are incredible. Makes me want to go home and cuddle my Maggie to death!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Saw it, and literally sobbed throughout the entire movie. It was an awesome flick but I don't think my heart's strong enough to watch it over again.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
yep I've watched it, was a great movie!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I haven't seen it, but now, I want to. I cry at all sad movies anyway, lol. I'm a big sap. What's it about?

Last edited:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Guaranteed tear jerker. We were a mess after watching that one. BTW don't watch "Red Dog" (2011). It's another one guaranteed to make you cry.

OP
maggies mom

maggies mom

Aug 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
I haven't seen it, but now I want to. I cry at all sad movies anyway, lol. I'm a big sap. What's it about?
It's the tue story of a dog and his owner , I don't want tk ruin it for you but you will definitly cry! It's not just sad though its really a great story.

OP
maggies mom

maggies mom

Aug 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
Guaranteed tear jerker. We were a mess after watching that one. BTW don't watch "Red Dog" (2011). It's another one guaranteed to make you cry.
ill have to add that to the list, I like a good cry once in a while

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Im devostated .. I love Hachiko and have been goin onto my partner since i seen it in 2009 that he HAS to watch it. I checked netflicks but its not on mine .. Maybe as im from UK its different .. :( i dont know? I do have the 'red dog' on my netflicks tho so shall be watchin that next! X

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I haven't watched it, but I did by it a couple of months ago and I have told myself if I get everything I need to do today I may sit doen tonight and watch it while Richard is at work.

kevi204

Nov 6, 2012
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
It's an amazing movie, i stumbled on it by accident while browing the streaming movies on netflix. I could see how it could be a tear jerker, i was strong, lol. The only movie that got me emotional was "Where the red fern grows". The old version is of course a classic, but the newer version with Dave Matthews was the version that got me. I recommend checking that version out if you have the time.

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I love this movie although it is very sad. It is based on a true story and Hachiko's story actually saved the Akita breed from extinction (there were only 30 purebred Akita's in Japan at that time). Once public got word of his loyalty everyone wanted an Akita and the breed was saved. It was a very powerful movie and although it is a tear jerker, I highly recommend it to anyone who loves animals. It truly shows the power and bond animals share with us. The same thing happened in England with a dog named Greyfriars Bobby.

Here are pics of their respected memorials:

0_buildings_-_greyfriars_bobby_030921.jpg

GreyfriarsBobbyStatueBaseHUK.jpg

Greyfriars_Bobby_Headstone.jpg

hachiko.jpg

Last edited:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Even looking at the statues makes me cry. Way to go [MENTION=4363]BrooklynStar[/MENTION]! :crying:

But really everyone, it's a must see. Just be prepared to have your nose dripping from all the crying. lol. Unless you have a heart of stone ... then I don't know what's wrong with you. :p

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.