What treats can I give ??

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi all

Just wondering what little treat do ur bully's love.
I'm think of getting sum fresh fruit and veg and cut them up and give them to coco as treats instead of propa treats. The vet told me alot of treats cause yeast ??

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi all

Just wondering what little treat do ur bully's love.
I'm think of getting sum fresh fruit and veg and cut them up and give them to coco as treats instead of propa treats. The vet told me alot of treats cause yeast ??

Yes that's what I mostly give for treats as well. However, too much fruit has sugar in it which can also cause yeast and weight gain so take it easy on the sugary fruits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I give baby carrots, frozen green beans, blueberries, plain yogurt, etc...all healthy treats.

hero4u

Jul 11, 2012
Palm Beach county Fl. ( Delray Beach)
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
I used frozen green beans a few times. You can try frozen minature carrots, They sell all kinds of pre made treats and most ebd's owners use grain free if they are bought from the store ( along with their kibble). I quit buying treats for Buddy. I keep turkey hot dogs.. Sliced as thin as I can get them as special treats in training ( walking) getting his attention when he focus's on things instead of wanting to walk with me but hot dogs do have a lot of salt.. My bulldog LOVES cauliflower and broccoli, As a matter of fact he would eat most anything I am sure :).

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We use some of HRH's kibble as treats.
We also found something new she likes.. we COOKED some peeled and cut up carrots about two weeks ago and started giving her some of those. She would never take the raw carrots when we tried them but loves the cooked carrots. Probably easier to digest too.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I give Lola apples, bananas, carrots, watermelon, and she loves fresh pea pods. I try not to give to many apples because they can cause the runs but she usually get half to 2/3 a banana a day. I also have fruitables I give her once in a while and EVO grain free dog treats.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
I give Miss Tallulah banana in her Kong with a tiny bit of cooked salmon. When doing (positive reinforcement) training I use Wellness Pure Reward venison cut up into tiny pieces the size of my baby fingernail. Even though they are tiny they are a real treat for her and have no additives. I tried tiny pieces of chicken but it just made her poops runny and I learned many dogs can be allergic to chicken. If I need a "high value treat" for special training I use Crumps dried beef broken into tiny pieces about the size of a dime. And when we have had a long day and it is time to relax she gets to chew on an antler. The main thing is natural - no additives. I was told that Bullies do not tolerate wheat, corn or soy which can be in a lot of food and treats. When I go out I always have some tiny treats with me because everyone falls in love with our Bullies and wants to treat them so I make sure I have healthy treats to give them (so they won't give her stuff that will make her sick.)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.