Do you have a morning routine with your bully/bullies/other breeds?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Our morning routine????? Well........I don't think any of us like to get up when the alarm goes off at 6:30. I usually hit the snooze button until 7ish. Then I scramble so I'm not late. My routine varies. If my mom in law is home for the day....I let Orion sleep in. You can usually tell when O's awake...the snoring has stopped. Usually she's snoring until the blanket is removed from the front of her kennel. So, if mom in law works that day, I get Orion up and take her downstairs to pee and poo. From there, we go back upstairs and get into the shower. Vegas is usually still on the bed, under the covers...not moving. Once we have dried our hair (Orion loves the hairdryer) and are dressed and ready for the day...it's usually 8am. 8am is seizure med time. So, with some shaking and prodding, Vegas slides out of bed and the 3 of us head back downstairs for breakfast. Vegas will usually eat then do his business. I'm (hopefully) out the door by 8:20. IF mom in law is home for the day, I let O sleep until I'm dressed and ready. Then, I work to get both Vegas and Orion out of bed, fed, pee'd and poo'd, medicated and kenneled.....and still out the door by 8:20. The weekends? You'd think the family would be able to sleep in late. Wrong...Orion will sleep until the blanket is removed from the front of her kennel. Vegas on the other hand...he will be up at 6:30. He doesn't get the weekend thing. He pushes and noses my husband until he's forced out of bed, then Vegas will snuggle into the warm spot. Vegas is an alarm clock. He will make sure you are up in time...but he will sleep until he's forced out of bed.

danangel14

Jun 4, 2010
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Dempsey
I get up at 5, feed the cats, get Dempsey's food ready, change water bowls, shower, do my make up and get dressed for work ( except for my dress pants, I wear sweats until the last minute because of slobber and hair) then I have to go wake up Dempsey, who has been snoring all that time on the bed. He sleeps with me. I have found that if I pull the comforter, Dempsey will come along with it, so I pull until his front feet are hanging off the bed and he has to get down. (Ikea bed, close to the floor. I bought it knowing he would be on it)Then he makes his way down the hall blinking and yawning. He gets his breakfast, and then I coax him out the door for potty. He comes back in and goes back to bed and I leave for work at 6:30. My son tells me Dempsey stays in my room until lunchtime when David lets him out before work and then he sleeps on the sofa until I get home around 4.

OP
gatorfan85

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
I get up at 5, feed the cats, get Dempsey's food ready, change water bowls, shower, do my make up and get dressed for work ( except for my dress pants, I wear sweats until the last minute because of slobber and hair) then I have to go wake up Dempsey, who has been snoring all that time on the bed. He sleeps with me. I have found that if I pull the comforter, Dempsey will come along with it, so I pull until his front feet are hanging off the bed and he has to get down. (Ikea bed, close to the floor. I bought it knowing he would be on it)Then he makes his way down the hall blinking and yawning. He gets his breakfast, and then I coax him out the door for potty. He comes back in and goes back to bed and I leave for work at 6:30. My son tells me Dempsey stays in my room until lunchtime when David lets him out before work and then he sleeps on the sofa until I get home around 4.

I love his colors!!! what a handsome boy

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
Horse is not happy about our new morning routine. For the past 9 months, I wasn't working, which meant that our mornings were pretty lazy. Well, we're now out of bed at 7. Horse will either half open his eyes and roll over back to sleep, or give us a grumpy look and flop off the bed to go into his crate to sleep. He would sleep until early afternoon if I let him, somehow not having to go to the bathroom which I don't get because he is in bed by 8 at night! I have to talk him into going outside, then he pees and runs back into his crate to sleep. Forget eating, he's way too lazy for breakfast! So, Braeden and I have a great morning routine, it's Horse that wants nothing to do with it. Having a big, snoring, sleeping bully snuggled in bed with you sure does make it hard to get up though!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.