Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Service Bully Training Update!

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kain
    Likes (Received)

Lol that's awesome, when they go down they sure go down. I knew nothing of bullies before Kain and constantly learning and laughing. Oh yeah and pushing the limits the little bugger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Service Bully Training Update!

Quote Originally Posted by hnhammond View Post
    I forgot to tell you all!

So my little genius heart monitor, Matilda, is doing so so good with her training! I told you all about how a few weeks she actually beat me and alerted me a few minutes before I even knew! Well, the obedience part of training is also going sooo well!

I traveled with her from CA to Texas (and BACK) for Thanksgiving and it was her first service dog experience with that many things going on (AND PEOPLE). I was super nervous about it (considering she's only 5 months old!!) but our trainer thought it'd be a great chance to see how she does in a real crazy public situation.

So, I slapped on her service vest, put treaties in my bag (just in case..), and PRAYED she'd behave herself.

Well, there were thousands of people around, travelling for the holiday, and what did my bully baby do? Wiggle? Run up to everyone? Pee?

No, my bully heeled, walked quietly, and obeyed ALL OF MY HAND SIGNALS. As in, I didn't need to say commands (we trained her with both). In fact, we had no issues with her whatsoever - she was PERFECTLY behaved, even on the plane (where she sat in my lap).

Instead of her running up to people, I couldn't keep people OFF of her! I tried to control the people petting her, because I don't want her to think she can play while wearing "The Vest" but it was so difficult! We literally had people stalk us in the airport. One man even chased me down as I was BOARDING THE PLANE to ask to pet her.

Anyway, I am just such a proud momma! I can BARELY get her to listen to me at home, but in public, she's perfect! Unbelievable! <3 Who knew Matilda would be perfect and the people would misbehave? hahaha

That is such wonderful news!! You know I was just thinking about you and Matilda the other day. I was sick to my stomach on Friday. Herman saw me and went into his crate (making sure he wasnt in trouble I guess), but he kept his eye on me. He wouldnt leave my side. Whenever I'd sit down he's climb in the chair next to me - and made sure he got close enough (meaning he would plop right down on my stomach) LOL. Anyway, that made me think of Matilda and how you said she's learning so quickly!

Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Service Bully Training Update!

Quote Originally Posted by elearn View Post
    That is such wonderful news!! You know I was just thinking about you and Matilda the other day. I was sick to my stomach on Friday. Herman saw me and went into his crate (making sure he wasnt in trouble I guess), but he kept his eye on me. He wouldnt leave my side. Whenever I'd sit down he's climb in the chair next to me - and made sure he got close enough (meaning he would plop right down on my stomach) LOL. Anyway, that made me think of Matilda and how you said she's learning so quickly!
    Awww, well I hope you're feeling better! It's amazing to see how much our babies care about us!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads