Best Bulldog Shampoo?

lgonz010

Sep 23, 2010
Riverside, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny
What type of shampoo do you guys use on your bulldogs? Someone told me to use Selsum Blue, as of right now I just use a regular puppy shampoo but I want something that will make my Gunny's coat smooth. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What type of shampoo do you guys use on your bulldogs? Someone told me to use Selsum Blue, as of right now I just use a regular puppy shampoo but I want something that will make my Gunny's coat smooth. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

I have heard Selson Blue as well, but I have not tried it yet.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Why Selsum Blue? Do you know? I just use a whitening puppy shampoo, it's working fine for now.
The selsun blue usually doesnt have any type of allergic reaction, it doesnt dry the skin, help soothes dry skin and itching, plus it smells strong so it masks that bully smell lol. It also leaves them soft

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Why Selsum Blue? Do you know? I just use a whitening puppy shampoo, it's working fine for now.

Your babies are probably too little for Selsun Blue, keep using baby shampoo or whatever u are using. I would not try it on a puppy. I believe it helps with the itchies as well.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I personally just use human johnsons and johnsons baby shampoo on my boys and it works great. I used to use the expensive dog shampoos and the baby shampoo on their faces just so it didnt hurt to get in their eyes but that got old and was a waste of money I found. Now I just use the baby shampoo all over and human conditioner like pantene works great for us. We have never had any allergic reactions or any reason to try anything else.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Your babies are probably too little for Selsun Blue, keep using baby shampoo or whatever u are using. I would not try it on a puppy. I believe it helps with the itchies as well.

How old should they be in order to start with Selsun Blue?

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
How old should they be in order to start with Selsun Blue?
I'm not sure exactly but Georgia (olde bullogge) was 6months old when she developed hives from an allergic reaction and we've been using it since then. I use my son's Johnson & Johnson no more tears headtotoe wash for their faces.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Paul Mitchell makes a wonderful Oatmeal shampoo. They make it with all natural ingrediants. I get the combo set, shampoo, conditioner and ear and eye wipes. So far so good. I gave up the organic shampoo from the art market, Abby just didn't respond to it well. But this week she is doing great with the PM.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We use the baby "no more tears" shampoo too ... that way I know it won't hurt if it happens to get in their eyes.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
we use some oatmeal and baking soda shampoo and conditioner from petsmart.. its like 5 bucks a piece but it last, i bought it back in june and we wash once a week and only used half the bottle

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We use the baby "no more tears" shampoo too ... that way I know it won't hurt if it happens to get in their eyes.

I'm going to buy some tomorrow. I'm actually more concerned about when they shake in the middle of a rub down and it gets into MY eyes.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I use Johnson's baby shampoo on his face so that it will not burn his eyes on a daily basis, then dry him real good, as far as his body the Vet gave him (well we bought it) a new shampoo that is anti-fungal-yeast shampoo, he will get his bath tomorrow so it will be the first time we will use it. It is also suppose to leave him very soft and SUPPOSEDLY less shedding.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.